What are peoples 'special' interests?

Im curious to know what other peoples interests/hobbys are.  Recently I have been studying/growing mushrooms/mycology.  

Before that, it was keeping/breeding tarantulas and invertebrates.  I also have a vast knowledge of insectivorous plants.  As a kid, i practically knew every football player who played in each team.  Was obcessed.  Not so much now.  

So, what is everyone else like to study or spend time one?

Parents
  • My special interest is music. I love it and have studied it indefinitely. I love listening to all kinds of music, I love how it can make me happy, make me sad... I love how so many instruments can make such beautiful sounds. I love how everyone has a unique and different voice. I'm obsessed with music and I love studying it in every way. I'm lucky that I've written to and had letters back from Taylor Swift, Adele, James Blunt, George Michael (RIP) and Michael Bublé.

I have a lot of books and DVDs on music, singers and instruments as well. I have a book on Bowie which says about his style, voice, fashion and life. 

My head is basically just an encyclopedia on music lol.

• My last name is Bowie ... But sadly no relation to the real famous Bowie Frowning2

• Still a brilliant name though

• Joy I am glad to have been of assistance

• Either way he picked a cool name, you have a cool name, well done everyone , I am sure I will stop typing sometime

Lmao this made me laugh so much I spit out my drink and my little girl asked what was so funny xD

• Yeah I think I read that his choice for the surname Bowie was after the Bowie knife, as he wanted it to reflect his different sides, as he mistakenly thought that a Bowie knife was double edged or something along those lines! Either way he picked a cool name, you have a cool name, well done everyone , I am sure I will stop typing sometime Sweat smile

• Thanks Grin Interesting his real name was Jones I didn't know that.

Reply Children