What are peoples 'special' interests?

Im curious to know what other peoples interests/hobbys are.  Recently I have been studying/growing mushrooms/mycology.  

Before that, it was keeping/breeding tarantulas and invertebrates.  I also have a vast knowledge of insectivorous plants.  As a kid, i practically knew every football player who played in each team.  Was obcessed.  Not so much now.  

So, what is everyone else like to study or spend time one?

• Still a brilliant name though

• My last name is Bowie ... But sadly no relation to the real famous Bowie Frowning2

• Astronomy! I am intrigued and fascinated with everything that goes on in space whether it's a tiny star or a giant galaxy. I study it and love to increase my knowledge which is ever growing. I find science just as interesting and know if I ever get my health under control I'll get back to learning it again and return to university. I was a part of a teaching class a few years ago and I loved it.

I can't think of anything better and more interesting than astronomy. I write books and reports on it in my free time.

• Mine is David Bowie as well. I wish I'd been alive during his time making music. I love all his songs, such a unique singer. My favourites are Heroes, Changes, Fame and Blue Jean.

• He is also mine too! I wish so much sometimes that I was alive in the 70s and could have met him then..The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is my constant replay album, ever since my Dad played it to me as a baby I think I have loved it

• My shite costs £2K storage unit fee PA.  It's just dumb, but I get anxious (very anxious) about throwing away a) history, b) anything that might one day be useful.  So I'm pretty buggered really.

• We have so many I think I may need an extra bedroom for them lol. I cant resist them when I see them in charity shops 

• I love David Bowie, he is my favourite singer of all time

• How many tarantulas do you have? It’s not a shared interest then.

• My special interest is music. I love it and have studied it indefinitely. I love listening to all kinds of music, I love how it can make me happy, make me sad... I love how so many instruments can make such beautiful sounds. I love how everyone has a unique and different voice. I'm obsessed with music and I love studying it in every way. I'm lucky that I've written to and had letters back from Taylor Swift, Adele, James Blunt, George Michael (RIP) and Michael Bublé.

I have a lot of books and DVDs on music, singers and instruments as well. I have a book on Bowie which says about his style, voice, fashion and life. 

My head is basically just an encyclopedia on music lol.

• (I don't mean YouTube but academic evidence) because I have to *know*, you know

Yep - me too. 

• Ah, sounds interesting!  I might try a train simulation game myself.  What is the maximum distance you can travel?

• I used to love the train and rail simulation games ^-^

• Apart from ASD?!

Star Wars, Post 1900 history and anything currently in the news gets properly researched (I don't mean YouTube but academic evidence) because I have to *know*, you know.  Love music, especially rock.

Oh, and I'm still running a Covid tracker watching what's happening across England.

• One of mine is Doctor Who. I'm a huge HUGE fan. First started watching the show a few years ago but have since watched all of the others classics as well and loved every single one. I'm a huge fan and can watch it over and over again, never gets old or boring. Helps with my anxiety as well.

Another is writing. I love to do creative writing and dream up new ideas and write for hours as long as I can stay awake! I love to read others writing as well, see the different styles and what people come up with. Find that interesting and is definitely one of my biggest interests.

Last other big one is the human body, how it works and gets affected by different things. My own not so good health is what got me into this tbh and now I can't stop myself thinking about it in general and obsess it.

• I like flying aeroplanes on a free online flight simulator.

• I have a number of German and Austrian relatives by marriage. One of them, Uncle Gus, brought me a pair of traditional lederhosen, when I was about 7 or 8. Incidentally, they are amazingly efficient and hardwearing for kids, only drawback is you cannot go down a slide wearing them, they just stick. I fondly imagined that I was the only child in my hometown who had them. Then a few months ago I found that a friend I have known from us being 14 also had a pair as a boy - he also had German connections.

• I love plushies as well. I collect the Ty bears, have loads now think they are super cute.

• Ooh snap I like Audrey Hepburn, thought Marilyn was fab as well. I love the Bond films, big big fan! I loved Sean Connery and Roger Moore best. My other favourite actors and actresses is Hugh Grant, Jim Carrey and Jennifer Aniston they are my top favourites.

I love John Simm. I liked Life on Mars but thought he was great as the Master in Doctor Who as well :) 

• I like Sylvester as well. Saw his episodes on Britbox, thought he was one of the best :) 

I like Happiness Patrol and Battlefield.