Adult life being dull

So one thing I do hate about adult life is how boring it gets. It's very reppretive and half the time you feel like your in limbo. TV sucks new music sucks politics sucks religion sucks gaming sucks Christmas and birthdays sucks the older you get even football gets boring after you've been to like 5 matches. Wieredly though I've found the only thing these days that brings me pleasure is either stuff that scares me or brings me an adrenaline rush or physical pain. Which sure may make me sound crazy to some but when life gets boring to the point of beyond belief that's all that seems left. All I'm saving for now are tattoos as I have the majority of meterlistic items I need so now and I've exceled at my hobby so now I'm turning my body into art. Looking into taking up boxing too. And looking forward to hiking bit since covid everything's just been ***.

• What is it that you think is different about America compared to the UK. Have you ever been to the US or is this based off your impression from media?

I've been there a few times and most of the towns and cities are genuinely awful. Most Americans you meet when they find out you are from the UK say how much they would love to live here. America is not a free country, far from it. It is way more free and open minded here. If I was told I had to move to the US there is probably only one or two places I would move to, and both would be a step down from living in South East England.

You say uou live in a boring village. Maybe it's more to do with that than the country you are in? Maybe move to a town or somewhere with more diverse geography. I live near Surrey hills so loads of big hills and green and the south downs more hig hills are nearby and there are cool beaches 1 hour away. I have all I will ever need here.

US can be a v cruel place when you are out of work or need social and other care. Grass is greener syndrome may be making an appearance here. Loads of cool places and things to do here. I think UK is the best country in the world.

• female hair loss can also be caused by extreme stress, vitamin deficiency, excessive weight-loss, certain medications etc.

• As an adult you are free to find your own pleasures in life.

You might think that but you'll quickly find if you do you tend to get penalised for it. Anything not main stream, any special interest, tends to get you ostracised at best if you really indulge in it openly. Anyway part of the pleasure in life is sharing it with others but that's very hard to do when as adults peoples behaviour is expected to be much more constrained than children.

• I exercise at home, don't go out only to shop and walk. Rarely drink. Used to live in a village where the only thing to do was pub - for those who didn't want to do anything else. I went walking or stayed in. It seems you are dazzled by another country. Save up and go there to live. You can go anywhere on holiday and be amazed at getting the services you pay for, try living there for a decade.

• Although we do have the best navy in the world so least I don't need to worry about learning Korean or russian anytime soon

• Try living in a village the only thing to do in a village is go to the pub. Busses where I live only run every half hour town is 45 mins away buy buss so it's effort to go out especially when you suffer from social anxiety. But it's just a boring life style pub gym pub gym. In America they have loads of cool stuff you can do but here were so restricted and limited.

• this sounds like such random ideas which may not help but:

maybe read a magazine? 

learn a language?

journaling?

getting tattoos sounds cool

• I find that incredible, the social culture revolving around alcoholism. And they have the cheek make our 40,000 year old medicine illegal.

• What's to like about England besides free health care. It rains most of the year round over run with council houses and concrete city's flat boring fields every where cost of living is stupidly exspensive unless you live in the North I mean I could go on but you get the picture oh and social culture just revolves around the pub. And there usually out dated dives left over from the 80s. Price of beer is stupidly exspensive too and minum wage is barely enough to live off. 

• I know, it just sounded like you were being really harsh about PR but as a joke, and that was funny. Your deeper point is very wise and insightful. If you had a familiar or minion I think it would be an owl.

• No, seriously. If you are surrounded by sh1t which makes you think that everything is sh1t, it is not a sign of what everything is - only a reflection of your environment. Because obviously those who know, know that our country is not sh1t.

• My country isn't a shithole, maybe it's a reflection.

• It is really tough PR as it's relentless but there are small moments of joy to hold onto and it's helpful that we recognise it's a negative loop and not "us".

• How about you? Where would you go?

• Yeah being ADHD as well as ASD makes it suck even more kind of strugel to get out the cycle and can't get out of the negativity just feels like limbo half the time.

• Good way to get a virus which is why I pass on downloading anything Netflix is ok but just lacks original righting squid games was amazing though. Just sums up society in a nut shell 

• Metal and punk gigs find a mosh pitd the best way off blowing off steam. I wouldn't know what to do at a regular gig. Like dancing is awkward but fighting to music is fun plus it's consented too. Got a few tours booked next year including one at Wembley arena. Which I'm daunting a bit as it's such a huge Venu bit I'll just get drunk before hand then that will ease my social anxiety. And yeah I like my clothes baggy and only like loose fitting cottern teeshirts teeshirts. 

• Would absolutely love to travel to the future.... Far, far in the future and live upon a comet colony Rofl

• Aw that cool what gigs do you go to?

You sound like a very stylish person

The way I dress is very boring. I just wear jumpers and jeans... I'm not really in to clothes I find them uncomfortable and itchy