Am I wrong to feel offended by...

Am I wrong in feeling offended that a task I've been performing for over a year has now been assigned to someone else, with someone other than myself supervising them?

Said supervisor hasn't consulted me and has disregarded my documentation / process.

Feels like a massive FU to me.

My work colleague tells me not to take it personally.

I'm growing tired of people spouting things like...

"Don't take it personally", "You're not the only one this affects", "I don't understand your problem", etc.

Management at work do my head in.

• I won't be grabbing popcorn as I don't care for it and I haven't been enjoying some of the things I've been reading today.  I hope that it improves as you say.  I will give it time because I would expect anything hosted by the National Autistic Society to be more reputable and safe than some of the other forums I've tried.  Based on what I've seen I will need some convincing.

• Grab the popcorn and enjoy!

• Thankyou, I will.  But you will understand that I like know the flavour of a community before I commit too much to it.  I will sit aside for a while and watch.

• Then all I can say is watch the threads develop, ask any questions you need ansers to and then use your own judgement with the answers to figure out who you think speaks the most sense.

There's no pressure to blindly follow anything on these threads - feel free to start your own thread and I'm sure you'll get some helpful feedback.

• I'm thinking less about people striving for a sense of justice about what they are saying and more about people who seem to be deliberatly posting comments designed to provoke a reaction through rudeness and passive aggressiveness and continuing with this behaviour even after they've been asked to stop it.  This thread gives a very good example.  I'm concerned too about how the tone of a certain commentator seems to shift around a lot between threads.  This is why I think its possibly about historic grievances or misunderstandings.  I hope it isn't anything more sinister than that, but I have come unstuck with such people before and I would sooner not have it happening again.

• Unfortunately, we're all autistic - and our overblown sense of justice can lead people to the dark side.  Hopefully, only temporarily.

• Thankyou both for your comments and I will try to take your words for it.  I have been on forums where offensive material gets hidden.  I think the best way to stop these threads from continuing is the stop posting to them.  I find an 'element' here that is not nice and seems to be deliberately provoking controversy, which i would more happily do without.

• I woudn't say this forum is a 'danger'.  

There are very very few occasions when this happens, and a pattern can usually be found when it does so it should have been dealt with and reported earlier.

I don't know whether it was a case of getting out of bed the wrong side or the weather to blame, but I think we will find normal service will be resumed soon.  So don't give up yet, there is much usefulness and enjoyment to be found here.

I would be very careful about accepting or making 'Friends Requests' though without doing a thorough check on people first through looking at the profile pages and 'previous posts'  It may take a long time but it will at least give some idea as to what people are like.  And never be afraid to 'unfriend' someone

• There has been a bit of a bust-up on the boards recently - don't get disheartened - normal service will be resumed soon.

This is a great place normally - but lots of good people are just waiting for it to all die down and these nasty threads to drop down the list & out of existance. 

Personally, I'd like these threads to all to disappear sooner rather than later.

• I've just seen another comment above in which the person says this community is full of danger.  If trolling is the danger, then I've had more than enough of that in other communities I've tried.  I've been looking at some of these threads during the day and it does seem like you have a problem here.  I'm just concerned how the tone of some of the comments seems to vary so much and am shocked by what I've seen on the locked threads. Its almost like multiple personalities.  Either that or some kind of historic grievances that are being aired.  In the circumstances i think I'm inclined to agree that there may be dangers here and may not stay around for much longer myself.  I've had so much damage at the hands of certain people in my life and I don't want to risk any  more of it.  It's always difficult with the internet of course because you don't know who is there.  I was 'groomed' by someone on Facebook who seemed very genuine, so I accepted there friendship request, which brought all sorts of abuse on my head.  It's so hard to find anywhere safe.

• So have I with a past employer.  I don't think there's any arrogance or selfishness expressed by the original poster and he does seem to have attracted some quite rude comments at the beginning.  I hope he has stayed around and that he gets the answers he needs.

• Yes, Greg's question was an expression of how he felt after what he thought was quite an unjustifiable action by his employer.  I have been deterred from answering the original question due to what has been said.  But I might respond later as I have had the same sort of experience with my employer.

• Good gracious.  I've just seen lots of other comments on this thread that I didn't notice when I first commented earlier.  It's as if they've suddenly appeared from nowhere.  Reading through it, I'm shocked at some of what I see.  It seems there are some unresolved animosities amongst members and the arguments have led to this person who posted the thread to leave.  This is a great shame.  I thought the question he asked was perfectly rational and understandable, and as I've implied in my first comment I think I would feel the same.  The first response and some of the others following on from it do seem quite harsh and blunt, and I would only hazard a guess that there may be some history behind them.  I'm basing this on some other comments I've seen on another thread, which don't seem to be so strident or confrontational.  I would have hoped that people would have been more tolerant and understanding about one another on  forum like this.  Many of us are quite damaged by our experiences in the world, so want to come to a place where we can talk openly without being judged or abused further.

• Me. I don’t live in my own bubble. I have a thriving social life and I understand humility, discretion and other people’s feelings. I got assaulted by a bouncer on my birthday and all my NT friends said to let it go as though it is so easy. Does that mean I live in my own bubble? No it means that external stimuli can overload someone with autism. I feel violated and confused because someone who has no right to lay hands on me while I am waiting patiently for my friend to pay for me to enter a club as he had offered, does so anyway. It is a criminal offence and yet the police won’t follow it up. 

It’s them not us who are disabled if they design a system which is supposedly inflexible but then conveniently always seems to be flexible when it’s convenient to them. They are inconsistent without any valid reason and they have the audacity to further fuel their ego’s and further their assumption that because they are the majority they are automatically the correctly functioning individuals. In my opinion people who aren’t inconsistent and can’t make their minds up are the disabled ones. We struggle because we are the minority, not the disabled. There is a difference. 

• After a quik look wrong planet seems to be the only forum for people to just chat that usues a proper forum system. Other sites a specific ones like for partners or they are not used much or just weired where there is one where all the users are called anonymous so it's impossible to know who is who. Usually anonymity can be sufficiently acheived with a username that is not your real name. The thing on here where we get numbers is a bit silly as they are hard to remember.

• Indeed i can have one up by the end of the day although it will take several day's of tweaking to get it just right and I do not know what is the best software these days, the electronics forum I moderate is SMF and is not perfect but is way better than this mess.

But who would use it? I have seen plenty of forums that people setup and go nowhere. A well known member on my electronics forum that has his own site and youtube channel has a forum with no activity and at the end of the day if you want to find him you know where he hangs out.

Finally large forums do require resource to run so you have to plan for it. my VPS can be upgraded at will so it's not impossible to just keep going although dedicated servers can become a good idea, the electronics forum in fact has one or even two dedicated servers to run it.

• I know some beautiful forums that are a pleasure to work on. Always fast, always easy to navigate. I used to run my own forum before fb addiction killed the WWW. 

A good forum will not have up & down votes. It will enable embedding and also be properly moderated. 

• Yeah - just start your own. There are no rules as to who can start a forum. People generally will not though bevasue they see it as too complex. 

• what do you mean by using php? writing your own or installing a package? there is wrong planet already. I don't know what software they are using but it was integrated into the main site for astetic reasons. Sadly every site I see do this has a poor forum experience.

I run my own server andhave installed forums in the past but you need to start with a critical mass. Even maplins attemps at starting their own forum flopped as we were all already using other well established forums.

Of course if the NAS want someone to set a forum up for them I am all ears.