Am I wrong to feel offended by...

Am I wrong in feeling offended that a task I've been performing for over a year has now been assigned to someone else, with someone other than myself supervising them?

Said supervisor hasn't consulted me and has disregarded my documentation / process.

Feels like a massive FU to me.

My work colleague tells me not to take it personally.

I'm growing tired of people spouting things like...

"Don't take it personally", "You're not the only one this affects", "I don't understand your problem", etc.

Management at work do my head in.

Parents
  • Good gracious.  I've just seen lots of other comments on this thread that I didn't notice when I first commented earlier.  It's as if they've suddenly appeared from nowhere.  Reading through it, I'm shocked at some of what I see.  It seems there are some unresolved animosities amongst members and the arguments have led to this person who posted the thread to leave.  This is a great shame.  I thought the question he asked was perfectly rational and understandable, and as I've implied in my first comment I think I would feel the same.  The first response and some of the others following on from it do seem quite harsh and blunt, and I would only hazard a guess that there may be some history behind them.  I'm basing this on some other comments I've seen on another thread, which don't seem to be so strident or confrontational.  I would have hoped that people would have been more tolerant and understanding about one another on  forum like this.  Many of us are quite damaged by our experiences in the world, so want to come to a place where we can talk openly without being judged or abused further.

• Yes, Greg's question was an expression of how he felt after what he thought was quite an unjustifiable action by his employer.  I have been deterred from answering the original question due to what has been said.  But I might respond later as I have had the same sort of experience with my employer.

• I've just seen another comment above in which the person says this community is full of danger.  If trolling is the danger, then I've had more than enough of that in other communities I've tried.  I've been looking at some of these threads during the day and it does seem like you have a problem here.  I'm just concerned how the tone of some of the comments seems to vary so much and am shocked by what I've seen on the locked threads. Its almost like multiple personalities.  Either that or some kind of historic grievances that are being aired.  In the circumstances i think I'm inclined to agree that there may be dangers here and may not stay around for much longer myself.  I've had so much damage at the hands of certain people in my life and I don't want to risk any  more of it.  It's always difficult with the internet of course because you don't know who is there.  I was 'groomed' by someone on Facebook who seemed very genuine, so I accepted there friendship request, which brought all sorts of abuse on my head.  It's so hard to find anywhere safe.

• I won't be grabbing popcorn as I don't care for it and I haven't been enjoying some of the things I've been reading today.  I hope that it improves as you say.  I will give it time because I would expect anything hosted by the National Autistic Society to be more reputable and safe than some of the other forums I've tried.  Based on what I've seen I will need some convincing.

• I won't be grabbing popcorn as I don't care for it and I haven't been enjoying some of the things I've been reading today.  I hope that it improves as you say.  I will give it time because I would expect anything hosted by the National Autistic Society to be more reputable and safe than some of the other forums I've tried.  Based on what I've seen I will need some convincing.

Children
No Data