Am I wrong to feel offended by...

Am I wrong in feeling offended that a task I've been performing for over a year has now been assigned to someone else, with someone other than myself supervising them?

Said supervisor hasn't consulted me and has disregarded my documentation / process.

Feels like a massive FU to me.

My work colleague tells me not to take it personally.

I'm growing tired of people spouting things like...

"Don't take it personally", "You're not the only one this affects", "I don't understand your problem", etc.

Management at work do my head in.

Parents
  • It happened to me once in an office job I had.  I was doing the job well, too.  Never any complaints.  In fact I used to get phone calls and letters from satisfied customers thanking me for my help.  But then I was switched to another section with very little warning, and with no proper reason given.  I was just told that I was needed to cover the role temporarily and I was the best experienced to handle it.  But then the person who took over my old job left after a while, and instead of returning me they took someone else on to do it.  I left shortly afterwards myself.  Who knows what their reasoning is with these things.  So yes, I would feel upset by it. 

• It happened to me once in an office job I had.  I was doing the job well, too.  Never any complaints.  In fact I used to get phone calls and letters from satisfied customers thanking me for my help.  But then I was switched to another section with very little warning, and with no proper reason given.  I was just told that I was needed to cover the role temporarily and I was the best experienced to handle it.  But then the person who took over my old job left after a while, and instead of returning me they took someone else on to do it.  I left shortly afterwards myself.  Who knows what their reasoning is with these things.  So yes, I would feel upset by it. 

Children
No Data