Am I wrong to feel offended by...

Am I wrong in feeling offended that a task I've been performing for over a year has now been assigned to someone else, with someone other than myself supervising them?

Said supervisor hasn't consulted me and has disregarded my documentation / process.

Feels like a massive FU to me.

My work colleague tells me not to take it personally.

I'm growing tired of people spouting things like...

"Don't take it personally", "You're not the only one this affects", "I don't understand your problem", etc.

Management at work do my head in.

Parents
  • It's sad that people have been upset by the conflict on this thread. The issue over what is autism, is actually related to Greg's problem, but not in the way BlueRay believes. This thread prompted me to research the etymology of the word autism, and although aut does mean self, ism means a state of being. Put them together and you have "a state of being oneself" Non autistics mould their personalities and behaviour to fit into the groups they are in, autisics have an essential "self" they cannot really change. We are not selfish or self centered - while we can mimic NT behaviour, we're not linked into the web of NT non verbal communication. I do not know why Greg's management chose to assign his work to someone else, but it may be that some people he had to interact with felt more comfortable dealing with the person who is now doing that task. From what I have read, NTs more often make decisions based on personal relationships/interactions rather than performance/information. They also learn differently, in a "forest first" approach, whereas we build up knowledge from details. I would feel offended though in that scenario.

• i am confused as to why this forum seems to have no report function and very little or no moderation (I am a forum moderator elsewhere, a certain person would have been banned by now if this discussion was happening under my control).

Reply Children