Did anything good happen today? Aug 2018

I hope this is still ok, so often we are talking about our problems, and quite rightly so, we have so many and very few places to get help but I think we should also have a place to share our successes how ever small they may be.

Did something make you smile or make you feel good?

Did you do something that you struggle with?

Please share what ever it is.

Song.

• Today has been a goodun!

I've completed all the forms/questionnaires in the pack sent as part of my assessment referral - I'm on the waiting list.

Also, had a letter from car insurance that (fraudulent) claim against me is unlikely to proceed.  The incident back in April sent me into a full blown meltdown/panic attack and that's what finally gave me a kick up the proverbial to do something about getting a diagnosis after ignoring for 10 years....

And thanks to you all just for being here....

• Anything Good Today, again. ("Back upon track" for this Thread, so-to-speak.)...?

...Cooler.   Cloudier.   Rain-ier.    Good.

• Most animals are, as are children. I just never got the grown ups!

• That’s good news Ellie! Yes, I read things into nature a lot. Cats in particular seem so intuitive. It doesn’t matter if my brain is doing it because it often reassures me. 

• Well, it is only 10am - but two positives already this morning.

Had a phone call from my new doctor (the previous GP has just retired) asking if I was ok - re: OH being in hospital and if I needed any support. He's been notified that I am struggling at the moment.  At the end of the call I squeaked up that the challenges were also exacerbated my thoughts that I may be autistic.  We talked about some of the asked my AQ score (45/50) and is going to refer me. Not sure what the waiting time will be.... but there you go! - BOOM! - it happened.  

I have put off going to the doctor as his time was taken up so much with my OHs medical needs that I felt guilty adding extra pressure and another layer of need onto the NHS. So a proactive new doctor and a few start...

For those nature types out there...the delight this morning of watching a sprightly spotted woodpecker from my kitchen window.  Lots of acrobatics and much trunk hammering! 20 minutes of delight.

Not sure that this is a weird aspie thing but i pick up a lot on such signs and explore what they might mean and why I have seen them.

If a Woodpecker has come knocking…

Woodpecker is letting you know that it is time to really pay attention because opportunity is has come knocking along with it. It is signaling you that great changes are happening in your life and it is up to you to seize the moment.  Whatever way you perceive it know that the door is wide open for you right now and that success is your for the asking.

• Two lovely swims in the beautiful, warm ocean on my day off.  One this morning at 8, the second one at 5.30 this evening.  I'm really going to miss the sea in the winter.

• Now that’s good news indeed, Song! 

• I got my pip letter today, I have enhanced rate on both components, not sure how they work that out but who am I to argue, I was expecting normal rate on the first bit and nothing on the moving around bit.

• Nothing bad happened today. Nothing stressed or challenged me. That’s good in itself. 

• I just went and did my shopping during the autism-friendly 'quiet hour' at my local Morrison's.  Low lights, no music, no beeping tills.  It seemed funny, too, how the crowds in there seemed quieter.  I think too much ambient noise raises the crowd noise level generally.

I bumped into a friend who also works in care.  He wasn't aware of the initiative and thought it was part of a power-saving drive.  I suppose that's an added bonus with it.  Translated to all Morrison's stores around the country, that's a lot of power saved.

Morrison's 'quiet hour' for autistic people

• I went outside today. I sat at the table in the garden with my husband and had a cup of tea under my little willow tree. 

• Hi Ellie, 3 things

1) who have you upset? I didn't see anyone upset by you.

2)You fit perfectly in our camp.

3) how on earth does an Elephant keep a low profule?

• The organisation that employed me for two months until last Friday has just asked me back for another role that will be at least five more weeks. Hopefully a good salary as well.

• i shall keep a low profile. I seem not to fit in either NT  camp or ND and i’m sorry for the upset I have caused.

"Keep a low profile" as long as you need to rest or take a break from anything that is not good or happy for you...

You "seem to not fit" only until you have escaped the hostile/confusing "rock and a hard place" situation which you said you are in --- but YOU DO FIT IN HERE very very much... and that has been said before, multiple times by multiple persons!...

"Sorry for the upset" means only that you asked for advice and gained it - Miss 'Phant, you have upset no-one here, but have simply asked for advice and have had it given, that is all. But as I say, do not feel obliged to respond as suiting other persons if you feel that you cannot... sorting things out may take time, and so please take that time... for yourself and for self-recovery...

(Hope this Post is okay? Good Fortune.)

• What you're going through is so rubbish, Ellie :( I saw your post the other day but really had no idea how to respond in a useful way so ended up not commenting at all. The way you battle through it all and keep running the proverbial course is admirable. <3 
    Don't keep a low profile! 

• Ellie don’t do that. I don’t know what upset you have caused ( I’m slow to catch on as ever). I feel the same way, like Idont fit anywhere and it gets harder and harder to do so the older I get. And yes it is a daily battle. I have had to have a rest day today which I get utterly frustrated by. 

• Did you do something that you struggle with?

I do that everyday.

i am currently no use to NT society and as a consequence of that am wobbly and unstable here and causing more upset than good.

Tomorrow is another day. and like a miswired athlete I’ll try and run the course again. Plasters at the ready.

i shall keep a low profile. I seem not to fit in either NT  camp or ND and i’m sorry for the upset I have caused.

• BUTTERFLY FIGHT!

I walked behind a butterfly fight all the way along the coast path the other day. I kept disturbing one by walking too close, it would fly ahead and get too close to the other and get into a scrap as you've described, they'd separate again at some point in front of me and settle down, but then I'd catch up to the nearer one and the cycle would start all over again! 

I felt quite guilty but they wouldn't let me overtake them! XD

• ...S'me again. Cool today, so I can write silliness/nit-picking again... (watch out!)      :-)

I hope this is still ok,

Of course it is. But it is not August yet (!)...

so often we are talking about our problems, and quite rightly so, we have so many and very few places to get help but I think we should also have a place to share our successes how ever small they may be.

And the rest....

...Miss Song-Wall, for each Thread like this, the intro (OP) is slightly changed... now you are acknowledging digressions, as if inviting this to be a sort of "Random Topics" Thread...? If so, this is quite alright, yet some (me) might jump upon the invitation to post absolutely Random things, "good", "today" or otherwise. I mention this because I have missed "Random Topic Threads" for a while, and thought of starting one, but then you OP all that, there...

This is what I mean, for instance: During the recent heatwave, I saw two butterflies actually have a FIGHT. Has anyone else seen that? The landed Butterfly was approached by a flying Butterfly, and the Landed Butterfly immediately darted up at the second, and they danced around, and the first one saw the second one off.

This is what I see, and then spend too much time thinking about afterwards... and then want to post it upon a "Random Topics" Thread.

...You have all been warned, Mwha ha ha...  (If you hate me, please be polite about it, though, Thanks.) (!)