Did anything good happen today? Aug 2018

I hope this is still ok, so often we are talking about our problems, and quite rightly so, we have so many and very few places to get help but I think we should also have a place to share our successes how ever small they may be.

Did something make you smile or make you feel good?

Did you do something that you struggle with?

Please share what ever it is.

Song.

• Yay!... so what changed his mind? So well being doing this together! Keep in touch 

• Hi, Ellie, just wanted to let you know that after a return visit to my GP he is now happy to refer me to the Asperger's service in Norwich. It happened a little while ago, and I was going to hold back from telling anyone until I heard from them, but have realised it could be a long wait. Best wishes.

• I saw my goddaughter today. One of my best friends bought her around. I haven't seen her in a few months. She's going to be tall. She was born nearly 11lbs and that's transferred into height. She's only 10 months but looks so big!

• i had an amazing teacher called Mrs Bradley when I was at school, she is the reason I managed to get my o'levels and in consequence everything else I have managed to do in my life.

• I mentioned the teachers as I know how much my daughter does, she is training to be an educator and although it is quite hard work for her she has a heart and passion for the children she meets.

I also know from bitter experience how some teachers are less than perfect, but,,,,during my time as a child in the school system there were some very special teachers who noticed me and understood what I needed, they were amazing individuals who I will always be so very grateful too.

so there are good and bad and exceptional in all schools. They are mostly in a system which is forever changing  quite often through political pressure, constant changes to grading and getting involved in matters they don’t understand,

Governments of all persuasions  sadly look to churn out statistics and sadly have left so much of what makes a level understanding child become a good adult. 

So even more reason to feel very proud, you are a very good mum and your daughter has shown despite many setbacks she does have what it takes to get things done.,,,take care.

• The teachers in this case didn't see the potential so she has been home schooled.

• @Song ,

And so you should be, I imagine it was a stressful time waiting for the results and to get them whilst on holiday can have only made the holiday so much nicer for all.

well done to you both and let’s not forget the teachers who go that extra mile to see the potential in every child.

• My youngest daughter got her GCSE results over the phone today (we are on holiday so they were posted to the house and her big brother opened them for us)

I am a very proud mummy right now.

• I'm finally sleeping right after the heatwave. My mind is centered and really working much better. Not really much but it is a relief to me. Simple things are sometimes best.

• 00:53h... NOW I see the Clouds like that! But I must leave off due to, well, I shall not say (!). I have no professional Photography Equipment else I would take a picture just now also. (It is too dark as well.) Thank You for everything.

• Good Fortune Mr. 'Warrior, I am able and I feel as if I should acknowledge this Post, and so here it is. BUT - this is a thing with myself, that I see not what you see, and was busy upon another Thread and so not see this until almost Half-an-Hour later... It is my reality (in London) and I am used to it...

...Good idea to Post this upon the "Space Exploration/Ex-Astronomy" Thread, I think. In closing, Of good things, I am always glad to see Miss/Mrs. MOON, and, secretly, I give a Salute whenever I see it/her!   :-D

• Just wanted to share something I just marvelled at, the time is 23:27,, I went outside and looked up at the sky,,,WOW the sky is full of long linear bands of cloud,,they seem to radiate like a fan,, so looking west( I think) they are clumped tighter together, then looking east appear  to spread apart,, in fifty odd years I have never seen such a sight, I enjoy cloud watching so have seen a great deal of various formations, but this is new to me, go out and look see for your self.

Hi DC take a look,,you may be able to see even with all the bright town light,,,it is beautiful if not slightly worrying due to immensely large scale and speed the clouds are moving, I imagine very high altitude?

enjoy, I certainly did and going back out again now,

• Greetings, Myself again. Maybe a Good Thing, but rather an idea I thought of whilst upon 'The Street' (...) and am Posting it here so as not to forget it...?

A way of explaining Autism to persons who do not (care to) understand:

1 - Find out or mention something which the person is very very good at.

2 - Find out or mention omething which they are not good at or are confused/ afraid/stumped...by.

3 - Explain Autism as knowing about the good thing very well... but then what happens if forced into a situation expected to talk about the thing not so good at?

e.g. - For myself, I know about Electronics and can follow a Wiring Diagram... BUT - know nothing about Plumbing or Heating, and so would get lost, becoming mute and stymied, and asking "stupid" questions! The point here is that it is <> the same as being on one's own, versus being put into an uncomfortable Social Situation.

...This is what I thought of, to write here, today about Autism. Have a nice day, anyone.

• I went to longleat safari park today.

• Where are you going?

Congratulations.

• Yay... x

just sad that you’re going to have to battle a bit harder

• Ellie, at risk of being repetitive, thanks again. It just goes to show you can't believe everything a GP tells you. Now something good has happened today. Slight smile

• Ellie, thank you so much. That's really helpful. I'll contact the Asperger service. (And perhaps I'd better let the GP know about it too. He might want to fill in the unfortunate gap in his training. And work on his "bedside manner".)

• I planned and booked my honeymoon today. Feeling worn out but proud I've accomplished it.

• The assessment service in Norwich (see other reply) offers Adult Diagnostic Services, serving the following areas:

Acle, Aldborough, Attleborough, Aylsham, Barnham, Blakeney, Blofield, Boughton, Bowthorpe, Brancaster, Brundall, Burnham Market, Cantley, Cawston, Clenchwarton, Coltishall, Cringleford, Cromer, Dereham, Dersingham, Dickleburgh, Diss, Docking, Downham Market, Drayton, East Harling, Emneth, Fakenham, Felthorpe, Feltwell, Gayton, Great Massingham, Grimston, Harleston, Heacham, Hellesdon, Hempnall, Hethersett, High Kelling, Hingham, Holt, Horning, Horsford, Horsham St Faiths, Hoveton, Hunstanton, Kelling, Kenninghall, King's Lynn, Lakenham, Lenwade, Lingwood, Litcham, Loddon, Long Stratton, Ludham, Marham, Mattishall, Melton Constable, Methwold, Mile Cross, Mulbarton, Mundesley, Necton, New Costessey, Newton Flotman, Newton St Faiths, North Elmham, North Walsham, Norwich, Old Buckenham, Old Catton, Old Costessey, Poringland, Potter Heigham, Pulham Market, Rackheath, Reedham, Reepham, Rockland St Mary, Rudham, Salhouse, Saxlingham Nethergate, Sheringham, Shipdham, Snettisham, South Walsham, Southrepps, Spixworth, Sprowston, Stalham, Stoke Holy Cross, Swaffham, Swanton Morley, Taverham, Terrington St Clement, Terrington St John, Tharston, Thetford, Thorpe St Andrew, Toftwood, Upwell, Walsingham, Watlington, Watton, Weeting, Wells, Wootton, Wroxham, Wymondham

I might not be medically qualified but I do know how to use Google!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

These are the current predicted figures of those on the spectrum in Norfolk for 2020.  They do exist and there is a diagnostic service that you can be referred to!

Show this to your doctor: (from the same report)

Google the NHS report (published in 2012) - I tried to upload the pdf but NAS does not seem to like such things!

Adults with Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC) Public Health Needs Assessment - Public Health data and information to contribute to a “Needs Assessment” exercise for NHS Norfolk and Waveney

It was written by:

Kadhim Alabady, Principal Epidemiologist, NHS Norfolk and Waveney, County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 2DH

Telephone: 01603 638362.

Email: Kadhim.alabady@norfolk.gov.uk

____

This Elephant is SOOOO angry she's turning green!!