• help

I moved into a flat a year ago and it was advertised as a sheltered property, When I moved in I had issues with excess dust from a badly laid floor and then a mould infestation caused by a leaking window seal. It destroyed many of my possessions, inc…

• The Unheard Voice

45+ years of agony, private, unseen, masked

45+ years of sorrow, hidden, ignored, ridiculed, laughed at

45+ years of abuse, physical, verbal, psychological, emotional primarily by family members, but also by others including sexual harassment and assault…

• RE: Teenage son

1 2nd This. It's very much in line with the "Monotropic" brain, which is a theory to explain HOW we think rather than the neurology/biology underlying it. The system underneath, if we compare the brain to a computer, for instance, is a different model…

• RE: Teenage Meltdowns

I am a very private number so I really do not want to say too much here, but I suspect you already have an appropriate assessment of my insight into this matter - a multifaceted one.

The following is intended with love to you and your son and please be…

• RE: Autistic and Christian

Kim that is me exactly - i.e. wondering about all these things and trying to work it all out!  

I don't think my church understands my autism, but we have a new pastor who is really open and sincere, it's just a matter of getting a chance to talk to him…

• can’t stop thinking

When I’m working and then going to the gym and just going through my regular day I feel fine. At night I can’t get my brain to stop thinking it doesn’t matter what it is about. It could be thinking about my exes or how lonely I am and I just feel empty…

• Friendships

Hello all. I'm Lauren and I'm new here. I strongly suspect that I'm autistic but no-one apart from my sister understands unfortunately.

I'm posting here today as I'd just like some advice!

I have acquired a new friendship group in…

• RE: 12 year old Asperger`s child is very aggressive towards me.

P.S. From the 'Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome' ~ 'Managing rage' (on page 158) ~ Tony Attwood states:

A subsequent section of this chapter will describe CBT programs for anger management (see page 163), but at this stage it…

• RE: Anxiety (Stress) Vs. Depression

This is really out dated thinking :(

The idea that anxiety is due to a lack of "perceived control" is based on NeuroTypical Psychoanalysis. It probably dates back to the 60s. It doesn't apply to Autistic wired individuals. But even still, the…

• RE: Wanting cannabis/marijuana to be legalized in the UK

The safest way to use cannabis in the UK is to grow it yourself, and harvest/prepare/use your own crop.

In an ideal world this would be best for autistics who want to use. It would help them avoid using dealers, who may take advantage…