can’t stop thinking

When I’m working and then going to the gym and just going through my regular day I feel fine. At night I can’t get my brain to stop thinking it doesn’t matter what it is about. It could be thinking about my exes or how lonely I am and I just feel empty inside or something that happened earlier in the day. The problem is I’m scared of being hurt again or caring too much for someone again and it failing. I have ulcerative colitis and I noticed my mood and my mental health is the most important thing to my physical health last year my ex and I broke up and i couldn’t eat or sleep for about a month straight I lost 50lbs. I’m just scared to try again but I’m really shy and sad. I wish I was more stupid so I could not see things how they really are or how people are. When it comes to friends, girlfriends, or even family you can’t really ever trust anyone. I have been burned too many times to make the same mistake. Everyone is selfish nowadays and I am too but I just don’t know what to do about feeling empty. I love my job I work on cars and that’s my passion. I just don’t have any brothers or friends that I can trust it’s always been girlfriends for the past 4 years of my life and I just can’t stand woman nowadays pretty girls can get it whenever wherever. I don’t know how to make friends, or really talk to people and I feel so alone at the end of the day. I have no reason to feel like this either I’m a pretty attractive male with almost all of the qualities you need. I’m 21 if it wasn’t for this disease I would’ve moved out by 18 I work super hard and smart with my money and go to the gym all the time. The time of the year is kicking in with seasonal depression. I feel myself starting to get sick again. I don’t expect anybody to have the answer I’m just wondering does anybody else feel like this?

• Good morning.

Overthinking is something that the majority (I think) of people here are stuck with - Ulcerative colitis, not so much, although digestive problems are known to be associated with autistic people.

Like many people who appear on these pages, you seem pretty in charge of yourself - which is good.  Like many people who appear on these pages (in my opinion), you seem to be impatient to see your life all fall into place very quickly.  I do hope that you will find the good fortune to allow this to happen..........but if it doesn't do so quickly - don't panic and overthink it!

At 21 yrs old, you have plenty of time.  Don't try to force progress that isn't ready to happen.  From what you say, all the necessary factors are present in your life to enable blossoming soon - so just be patient.

I wish you all the best.