• RE: Struggling to multi-task

I don't call navigating multi-tasking or Rapid Task Switching.

Navigating involves a goal (setting course) - short term (a few hours) or long term (doing bits of a long-term process every day over time).

Rapid Task Switching and multi-tasking can…

• RE: HELP WITH PIP TRIBUNAL DECISION - NOBODY GETS IT!!!

The thing about the pip system is it’s built on a points system. That’s not just DWP polocy it’s actually written into the law. I did a breakdown of the system and why it was unfair months ago. I’m going to copy paste it bellow…

• RE: Benefits + support for Autistic Spectrum Disorder

Well I doubt any high functioning autistic person could claim pip uless they had other issues as well. lets run though the criteria.

1 – Preparing food

Can the person make pancakes or beans on toast. Not necessarily do they but could they if they…

• RE: Coping with hot weather

Autumn is my favorite season too, partly because I too love the softness of the autumn colours, but also because there is a certain security in going into winter. I love jumpers so much, I feel safer and cosy in them and put off having to remove them…

• So frustrated

Hi

Had a screw-up in my care chain just before Christmas that left me without my main mood stabilizer for 5 days, and touched off a major depressive episode that sent me into a dangerous place, and has barely improved even after being back on that missing…

• RE: Feel I am being penalised by community mental health services (CMHT) because of my autism

You definately understand some things more than them. I only have been on anti depressants once(had seizures/didnt sleep),and an anti psychotic from a GP yrs ago(passed out). It is a bit of a game-show feeling u think are genuine,and they can use against…

• RE: Need your advice for Female Asperger's Syndrome

Hi everyone, 

It's my first time on one of these forums so I'm a little nervous. I'm a 29 year old female with a 10 year old autistic son. Most recently looking at my son I've realised that I'm just like him and believe I have aspergers. I too went on the…

• RE: Autism seems to me , to be so like depression, I always feel like ive done something wrong!

I've had the suicidal ideation pretty much most days since some time before my teens. Sometimes fleeting (ooh, a big lorry, what if I step out right now?), sometimes planned with military precision to while away an hour or two of insomnia. I made a couple…

• could problems with english literature and essays possibly indicate autism?

Hello, I was just looking for some advice. I have been questioning whether I may have autism for a few years now. I have regular periods of thinking yes I am and then other times I'm like of course I'm not. The one thing that is playing on my mind at…

• RE: Class

Really interesting topic and questions.

My parents were born into working class backgrounds. They were part of the baby boomer generation, which in places like England may have offered a diverse range of ways to be come upwardly mobile if one wanted to…