So frustrated

Hi

Had a screw-up in my care chain just before Christmas that left me without my main mood stabilizer for 5 days, and touched off a major depressive episode that sent me into a dangerous place, and has barely improved even after being back on that missing medication for almost a solid month.
So my prescriber got me on an intro dose of Latuda, and it has made a difference in my mental state but good GODDAMN, the nausea...I can't deal with it. It says "take with food," and so I do. I eat a solid meal and then wait a good 15 min before taking it, and then 5-10 minutes later, it's clammy, jittery, headachy, woozy, jaw-clenching, heart-burning, stomach-twisting, don't-touch-me-or-talk-to-me-or-look-at-me-too-hard-I'm-barely-keeping-it-together SICK feeling. And it drags on FOREVER.
I'm not sure what would happen if I just quit cold turkey; I've only been on it for about a week. I don't want to plunge back into the abyss, because that's never a good thing, but I'm a week out from a major event at work that I'm orchestrating, and I really need to be firing on all cylinders. Which, of course, I won't be if I'm feeling that sick, but damn, there's got to be a solution, right?
I'm going to contact my prescriber first thing tomorrow and see if they can give me some advice ahead of our next appointment, but in the meantime, I feel like garbage.

• I suffer from Generalised Anxiety Disorder and depression and have done for 15 years...what works for each person will vary but here's my 2 cents...

• when it starts interfering with your day to day life, that's the time to see the doctor. If I can't make it to work, I need an adjustment in my meds and I'm straight to my doctor at that point.

• find something you "enjoy " as much as you can and force yourself to carry on with it. For me, this is running and crochet.

• for immediate relief from intrusive thoughts - try counting backwards from 500 in 3s or naming all the animals you can think of that start with T...it keeps that part of your brain off the bad thoughts.

• ask for help from your family and friends when you need to. You may feel like a burden, but that's the illness talking - these people love you and will help you out if you ask. If you don't feel comfortable with that, please reach out to someone anonymously online voojio.com/chatroom/omegle or by phone. You don't need to suffer alone. By talking about it you get things out into open air where they seem less scary.

Big love to anyone feeling bad right now...a stranger on the internet wishes omegle.ws you all the best 

• I'm sorry you're struggling so much with your medication

Sounds really horrible to be going through. Are there any anti nausea tablets or liquids you could take to help ease it

Hopefully your prescriber can help you deal with this

Here if you need to talk/vent

Take care x

^-^

• Hi , thank you for sharing with the online community. I am sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time with your medication. I was going to suggest you talk to your GP, but hopefully your prescriber has now advised on what's best to do.

Best wishes,

Anna Mod