25.9.17 A place for hefelumps & skinny beans to chat or reflect from poetry to humour to beneath the roots

For those wishing to chat about miscellaneous every day in's and out's , good morning's and goodnight's and somewhere safe to play on words or share concerns.

• I'm poorly today. Not up to this today or anything else. Delighted that the chat is thriving. I have been reading your conversations and nice to hear what everyone is saying. And to know you are there. Reply more specifically another day. 

• I am not online at home so I won't be a regular in this community but my sister is away this week with work and I am at her house using her iPad while I have the chance.

• Thank youTaltunes for that,we can seem a bit exclusive in here,not true but as there are only usually at best five regulars who natter it may look so.

I am missing missy! I hope she is ok? Missfit 61 started this thread and is amazeballs.

We are here just to have fun,the only rules are,be kind,be silly,and tell us about your day. There are no rules,

"ice hockey""chess" I play chess or used to anyway. Is chess an exclusive thing amongst us? Anyway welcome to all.

• Thanks Ellie, and I mean that, being told frequently that I'm so good at x and y is ultimately what made me find this diagnosis. If I'm good at stuff why have I achieved  nothing and spend my days alone at the end of the garden with no income... Disappointed

• I also love nature and books lol. Especially crime and classic books <3

• Hey you...hope those interests don't all happen at the same time..

me 42 and a bit, ....interests nature, people, books, etc x 

ladtvtime I played chess I got beaten xx

• ooooo I love chess too!

• 52 year old male diagnosed with ASD specifically Asperger's in 2015.  Interests chess, tai chi and ice hockey amongst other things

• Hello Taltunes,thanks for that,I don't think I have the whole PC thing? I struggle to even find my own pictures on the laptop? I am replying with an iPad, If I go off to try I may never find my way back Lol. I need some One who teaches and would have the patience to keep going against all odds.

So Taltunes do you feel welcome enough to introduce yourself?we don't bite,ouch well apart from someone who will remain anonymous he he(joke). Free complimentary hug ().

• Glad you enjoyed it though Spotty..,you have so many skills.....x

• I think I've seen the tool you mean, forgotten exatly what it was for, if I remember I'll ask next week. 

I wish it was easier to post pictures straight from your phone but it will only accept really low resolution images so I don't know how to do it without tansferring the image to a PC which is a faff, unless we hop over to Instagram. ()

• Just a little stool with a wooden top that I'm invisibly putting a traditionally upholstered pad on, lots of stuffing and stitching. I'm quite good at it being a pedant for detail so Alex our tutor gets me to do things the hardest way possible, I'm virtually stitching into wood!

Nice to see you all too. Blush

• Looks like you click on the picture icon ( to the left of the bullet point icon ) on the menu bar below where you type your reply

• Sounds really good,  but hard work x

• I have a special pair of pliers which I think are for an upholsterer,a bit like pliers but have a slightly cranked over jaws,the teeth are very big for gripping thick material or leather,and they have a small hammer head up by the swivel hinge.

I wish I knew how to post pictures?

() 

• Hi spotty as if by magic you appear.Upholstery hurts,working with leather?tough old stuff, or great big seat springs!!boing.

nice to see you though,

()()xx

• Ellie you are my angel. I wonder where missy and spotty are? Quirky hasn't been about lately either,

Anyway we like honey and bears and tortoises and guinea pigs, We are just having the fun some of us missed when younger.we are consenting adults so what the Hey?

• Hi Holly and everyone else. I've been at chair school today so I have sore and aching fingers and am completely cream crackered. Don't ever think upholstery is a nice leisurely activity, it's bleedin hard work. They are a sweet bunch of people and haven't really batted an eyelid at me telling them about ASD and ADHD, it's a special kind of therapy.

• Too right! Psst! Lone a warrior is the trouble maker! I am an angel...so are the others xx

• Hehe. Yes that is one of the reasons why I love coming on here is that everyone understands as we are all going through similar things so its the one time we don't have to cover up our autistic sides in order to get on with the NT people.