The Autistic Cheese Club

This is dedicated to  (ref 'the Autistic Chess Club').

Cheese is my 'raison d'etre'.

Cheese

Anyone else here cheesey?

• I love cheese but the really fragrant ones are a little challenging. My favourite is probably Torta di dolcelatte which is dolcelatte cheese layered with mascarpone. But a really strong cheddar and pickles is a hard combination to beat. 

Warm crusty bread with brie, grapes and black pepper.

I'm making myself hungry now.

• The problem is that vegan cheese has got coconut oil and I've got an allergy. A year ago I had a bad reaction which wasn't nice.  People don't understand Sleepy 

• Cheesey myself as my favourite is smoked cheader, harbourne blue (white stilton); and goats cheese. The good value cheese is the organic cheader (cooking); cheap.

The local artisan cheese shop is really good and it's like heaven. 

Oh you can also buy fresh bread twice a week (expensive but makes good toast); freezable. 

During lockdown one of the cheesemongers had to use tongs for people bank cards. I'd preferred to into the shop. Lol

• Sainsburys used to sell it, its a bit like cheddar, but more mellow and totally gorgeous.

• then id be far more of a picky eater than I am

Scream

• Best of all a proper Welsh Rarebit all bubbling and slightly brown on top, uuummmmmm

I'm sorry about your inability to eat the best food on earth.

I adore Welsh Rabbit.

Also, I'd never heard of Lincolnshire Poacher (well, unless it's person from Lincolnshire who steals animals).

• If cheddar cheese didnt exist then id be far more of a picky eater than I am

• Until I became lactose intollerant I was, I love cheese and sometimes decide it's worth spending an uncomfortable morning in the bathroom to eat it. There'd so many things that just aren't the without cheese, like pizza. I love making pickeles and chutneys without cheese I have nothing to eat them with. How wonderful it was to have a plate of cheeses and a bottle of wine, a lovely squidgy brie or camenbert, a delicate Shropshire blue, and a mellow Lincolnshire poacher. Best of all a proper Welsh Rarebit all bubbling and slightly brown on top, uuummmmmm