Accents!

Hiya. So I love copying different accents I just find it fun. I hear an accent and I’ll copy whatever that person has said. I live in Cheltenham now so there’s a whole range and of accents here and I just really enjoy copying them!! does anyone else do it? 

• Hi, thank you! Serves me right for not reading the community rules, will change asap! Happy coincidence, my dad's born in Manchester, my mum is Half Spanish (northern / catalunia esque I think), half English (down London). I was born in Amsterdam, but been bilingual all my life :O 

• Scottish men are gorgeous too - as well as being very friendly and homely, they are also total hotties 

• The Geordie accent can be mistaken for the Irish accent - I know of this rather cute Ginger Geordie hunk I once dated and he was a total hottie 

• Trust me, Welsh men are impossibly handsome and very cute - and they are such sweethearts along with it - I’ve been travelling through Holyhead for 22 years and I’ve plenty of these adorable Welsh darlings here in Manchester 

• Joan Collins has a mid-Atlantic accent from her days in Dynasty as Alexis (love the fashions lol) 

• I’d love to be able to learn Italian, as I adore the culture, history and lifestyle (and the handsome Italian men lol) but French is one of the easiest foreign languages to master, as it’s such a sophisticated and romantic language (if a bit somewhat “camp” lol) 

• We are verbal Chameleons, yes? We belong everywhere. I am actually from Hawaii. I have worked hard to cultivate a default mid-atlantic accent. Think Cary Grant, or Margaret Dumont. 

• You do look Dutch though? .......(and btw, you aren't actually supposed to use your own picture on this forum .... there is a good chance that the moderators will be on to you ... so possibly best to change it if you want a quiet life here !)

• Nice, I definitely do not feel like I belong anywhere. Nobody can ever place me. It's a game I love to play when I start somewhere new. Where are you from? Never ever can they guess the Netherlands. Ireland, Canada, Kent, America, New Zealand, South Africa (not sure how). Nowhere I've ever been. 

• It's funny, when I am in Spain they think I am from France, When I am in Catalunia they think I'm from Madrid etc...

• I've worked in call centres previously, and my ability to mirror accents helped me with building rapport. Seem to be best at attuning myself to North Wales, Liverpool, Birmingham, and Ireland of all places! I grew up in Amsterdam and live in the North East of England now!! One memory I recall is coming back from a weekend in Liverpool and mimicking the scouse a bit too well and my mum making me swear I would never use that accent in her house again haha! My ability to mimic accents, meant my Spanish teacher always commended me on my pronunciation, calling it native. If only my grasp of the language kept up haha! 

• The Welsh accent is very warm, homely and sexy - cuddling up with a handsome Welsh hunk in a cottage in the middle of nowhere in Rural Wales sounds very appealing indeed - any Welsh men I’ve ever met have been total hotties 

• I tend to go for the guy next door type, possibly otters or bear cubs - I used to be into twinks, but it’s mainly twunks or jocks now, rather than actual bears, except perhaps muscle bears, as I do like a guy with muscles and a cute face, if he has a hot bod with nice abs, so much the better - ginger guys are really cute but I mainly go for blonds 

• OK then, thanks for explaining your perspective to me.

I like to learn.

• Having spent so long on the gay scene and in gay culture, I’ve never really thought about it, although I am aware of straight men that talk about straight women and straight women who talk about straight men that way - straight women always think that gay men are hotties even after they realise that their male friend is gay 

• I can do lots too... but Geordie dialect. Its beyond my ken.

• I love to to do this and sometimes, when I travel I try them on with locals to see how close i've got it. I ask first of course! Some might get a tad ticked at it otherwise. Here, where I am staying, there  are a lot of vacation rentals with people from all over coming and going so I get lots of opportunities to hear and practice. I love languages too and they come relatively easy.

• Dude?!

I have two questions for you.

As a hetro cis male, if I made your style of comments about a "hottie" female, or "gaggle of teenage girls" ..... do you think that I would be deemed to be delivering an acceptable commentary ?

If I used the term "voluptuous" or "shapely" for a female, in place of your word "hunky" for a male ..... do you think that I would be deemed to be delivering an acceptable commentary ?

As always Irish-I-M, I am not after a fight here, with my questions.....they are just questions....but I am genuinely interested in your answers....I'm not trying to catch you out.....but simply wish to learn your perspective.

I'd be grateful if you could help me on these points.

Thanks.

Number.

• Not the very cute blond Welsh hottie at the Irish Ferries check-in desk at Holyhead where I was competing with a gaggle of teenage girls when checking him out, the cute rail conductors on the TfW trains from Manchester to Chester and Holyhead or the gorgeous rugby type 6 foot bald Welsh hunky policeman at Holyhead lol