Accents!

Hiya. So I love copying different accents I just find it fun. I hear an accent and I’ll copy whatever that person has said. I live in Cheltenham now so there’s a whole range and of accents here and I just really enjoy copying them!! does anyone else do it? 

Parents
  • I've worked in call centres previously, and my ability to mirror accents helped me with building rapport. Seem to be best at attuning myself to North Wales, Liverpool, Birmingham, and Ireland of all places! I grew up in Amsterdam and live in the North East of England now!! One memory I recall is coming back from a weekend in Liverpool and mimicking the scouse a bit too well and my mum making me swear I would never use that accent in her house again haha! My ability to mimic accents, meant my Spanish teacher always commended me on my pronunciation, calling it native. If only my grasp of the language kept up haha! 

• It's funny, when I am in Spain they think I am from France, When I am in Catalunia they think I'm from Madrid etc...

• Nice, I definitely do not feel like I belong anywhere. Nobody can ever place me. It's a game I love to play when I start somewhere new. Where are you from? Never ever can they guess the Netherlands. Ireland, Canada, Kent, America, New Zealand, South Africa (not sure how). Nowhere I've ever been. 

• Hi, thank you! Serves me right for not reading the community rules, will change asap! Happy coincidence, my dad's born in Manchester, my mum is Half Spanish (northern / catalunia esque I think), half English (down London). I was born in Amsterdam, but been bilingual all my life :O 

• Hi, thank you! Serves me right for not reading the community rules, will change asap! Happy coincidence, my dad's born in Manchester, my mum is Half Spanish (northern / catalunia esque I think), half English (down London). I was born in Amsterdam, but been bilingual all my life :O 

Children
No Data