Feeling overstimulated and sensitive after exercise

Morning guys,

I've started going to the gym again only day two but the other day and today, I came out of the gym feeling quite overwhelmed, overstimulated and tired. I couldn't get home fast enough and I had to go to sleep to calm down and I feel better now but I can tell that I'm still quite sensitive to things going on around me.

I snapped at my dogs too when I came in because I couldn't handle it and now I feel bad because they were only happy to see me.

Does anyone else experience this?

• Yeah that sounds horrible maybe sleep for a bit? might help wake up and be able to think better?

• Yeah - I'm sitting on the sofa feeling a bit burned out - been massively overstimulated this morning - heavy rush-hour traffic to get to early an blood test (yuck), then a meeting building control to have my project signed off as complete (mega-relief stress) and I've got a little bucket-list thing organised for Friday (a visit to my old school).

I'm frazzled.     Can't motivate or think straight.

• I'm going early in the mornings to avoid it being crowed so I've eliminated any issues with it being busy it's just the exercise it's self 

• Yes, definitely at first. But it does calm down for me after several visits and I get used to the environment etc. Any new exercise can feel like this for me, even if 'new' means getting back to something I haven't done for months. I always found gyms to be particularly busy for sensory things, but if my motivation and enjoyment were strong, I could keep going regardless.

• i get like this when i started lifting weights it just takes time for you to integrate it into your day. If you are overstimulated it will just take time to adjust. Consider laying down after the workout play some music or have a show in the background it helps me subjectively.