Imagining a neurodivergent world

If there were fewer barriers to neurodivergent contributions, how might NDs shape the world? 

• love it Autopolis - or Megautopolis Slight smile

• To get to the position of 'supreme leader' you probably didn't suffer much indecision though? 

• You can guarantee we'd perfect the disintegration booth long before they did in Star Trek.

• The problems with indecision tend to fade when you are supreme leader, I hear... 

• Autopolis, a thriving UK town twiinned with Spergville USA? :c)

• Yeah, but I'm not sure I'd want to have to feed in the same trough as those 'neurotypical political' charlatans.

• NTs generally have little consideration for the consequences of any of their actions - that is the polar opposite of an autistic response.

Totally agree! 

• I'm glad to hear that! I'm dong well, thanks. Lots of nice things happening this end - and summer is upon us too. My favourite time of year xx

• That is one of the many reasons we'd be no better; we'd be no better in a different way—one of those things being indecision. 

• Careful with those opinions. Whilst you show an advanced grasp of what I like to call "the grand unified conspiracy theory" and maybe you have even graduated to "conspiracy analyst"and have a real grasp of the issues we may be entering a time where it is actually lethal or at the least very damaging to have ANY strong opinions... 

If you want to work THOSE problems, there is zerohedge.com, here I think we ought to concentrate on the very real issues of autism, and after reflection you might agree. C.T. is fascinating to Autists and we are of course major players in the world of "truth", but here, might it be best to try and help ourselves for once and do the CT elsewhere? 

• The problem is the politicians and the real leaders at the moment are the sociopaths and manipulators , they are the ones to get past /vilify ,thats the hard part , the nts are just the sheep in the middle.  

• Well NAS65263 (you don't mind if I call you NAS65263?),

I think you make some very valid points. I get your anger, and you're right, we have all experienced the ignorance, superiority complex, the unpredictable, self centred aggression and emotional instability of NTs.

I think the best part about being diagnosed is that we spend all our lives thinking (because the whole of NT society tells us) that we are inferior, broken, not good enough, awkwardly different(we all know how fond NTs are of 'difference'), and to be pitied or bullied. We make excuses and hide our true selves because NT society tell us it's not alright.

But the best thing about being diagnosed is that you suddenly realise that it's them that should be pitied, its them who are broken - with their unmanageable emotional drama minefields, their inability to deal with stress, difference or anything that remotely resembles an insult, or can be turned in to one. Their need for pointless small talk and their need for constant emotional and personal validation. They smoke, they drink, they make terrible decisions all the time, they harm the same planet they have children on (duh!).

When you are diagnosed it is uplifting, because you suddenly have validation - all the times you thought "there's nothing wrong with me...it's everyone else" - most of those times you were right Wink. Not only is there nothing wrong with you but you are smarter, more honest, more loyal, a rock in an emotional minefield of NTs.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, autistics do need to rise to positions of power. There would be a peaceful world. Politicians would all tell the truth. Crime would be at 1% tops and prisons would be empty. The hard decisions necessary, for not only the continuation of the species, but the success of all species, would not be avoided because someone might be sad as a result.

I loved the idea of an autistic town - that is a great idea - it would be the smartest, most productive, happiest town in the world and set an example to NTs for how the world could be.

But, (and this is coming from someone who regularly uses the phrase "when I rise to power" through gritted teeth and non-euphemistically when NTs do something inconsiderate or annoying around me) we need to solve this by showing the world how much better we are at everything important. By supporting our autistic brothers and sisters. By out thinking NT's system 1 nature and educating them about Autism - it's not their fault they're stupid. And to do that we must have the mindset of scholars (learn from our experiences and get better and stronger all the time), not the mindset of victims (get angry and lash out at NTs for what they have done).

And if there's an army in there somewhere too, I'm good with that.

• I disagree - NTs generally have little consideration for the consequences of any of their actions - that is the polar opposite of an autistic response. They are in power because they rush to judgement and speak with the conviction of the ignorant. We consider all the factors before we decide on the best course of action. This simple formula alone would make the world immeasurably better...not over night obviously. It would take us a little longer to decide Wink

• I am carrying more than sixty years of pent up rage and frustration caused by my treatment by the Neuro-typicals during 59 years of being an undiagnosed high functioning Autistics/aspergers adult. 

I have been to the Asperger's reddit and read with horror the submissions there, where clearly so many of my fellow 'spergs have been broken on the wheel of Neurotypical society.

We are ALWAYS the rejected, isolated but brilliant minds, so well illustrated as the villains in so much of the media. 

And the neuro-typicals are very right to fear us. Those of you who have not been broken by your handling by society, have got to where you are by being super resourceful and observant. Have you not?

Yet still we are looked at and treated as as weirdo's, "of no account", and most of us get to receive the lowest of wages.

Sound familiar to any one? Want to do something about it?

I propose we of a more annoyed persuasion form an Autistic Army dedicated to finding ways for us Autists to finally get to LEAD instead of being ignored. You all know that whilst most of the time the normies in your family treat you like  a half wit, until the "stuff gets real" when suddenly YOU are the only one able to cope? (Most of us are doing "crisis management" all the time anyway so we get good at it, anyway!) 

IN short, people; How do we make them pay us?

• You're welcome 

• Thank you O, really appreciate your kind comment.

• Yes please! I'd move there in a heartbeat.

• They may actually make and enforce sensible laws ,

• I suspect we'd do no better than NT's. 

• Thank you so much aidie, truly appreciated