Commander Data from Star Trek

I noticed that someone on this board recently described themselves as like Commander Data from Star Trek. Very able intellectually but struggles emotionally and socially. It was something like that and I can't remember who wrote it.

But I thought Commander Data was a good metaphor for how I feel and behave- able intellectually but struggles emotionally and socially. Does anyone else feel like that? Data was my favourite character in Star Trek, this must be why!

Parents
  • That'll be me.       In the Star Trek universe, I'd do very well.     On planet earth, I'm screwed.   Smiley   

I also identify with "David" from the film A.I. -  sort of robotic and *almost* human but just missing the finer details of human interaction so easily manipulated by people with an agenda..

• I'd be an excellent android, haha! I love Data, with his fake laugh. It was interesting how Lor was too human though and scared people.

I hated AI, it was sad and horrible. When the mum had to abandon the little boy android in the forest, it gave me nightmares.

• I'd be an excellent android, haha! I love Data, with his fake laugh. It was interesting how Lor was too human though and scared people.

I hated AI, it was sad and horrible. When the mum had to abandon the little boy android in the forest, it gave me nightmares.

Children