Developing "special Interest"? about psychedelic research and experiences

I don't know if this thread will get pulled or not I hope it doesn't.  I self-identify as being on the spectrum. I've gone off reading and resesrching about autism since I have developed a very keen interest in psychedelics.  Not to take. But ive been reading up about a particular one since the Monday just after Christmas when a very brief conversation with a friend set the spark going. 

It's like I cannot get enough of it. YouTube,  forums, articles, studies. I bought a book by rick strassman and read it inside a week and a half. I finished it tonight so ive been looking at what other books i can buy. Ive stsrted in a youtube audio book by terencr mckenna. I've been looking online at which psychedelics I could grow in my garden. I've been reading about microdosing. I've been reading accounts of people's trips. I've been looking into how to take part in research. Reading up about the powerful effevts is changing how i see the wotld and im changing my beliefs from material to spiritual. I have only talked to one person about it all as he's very open to "talking deep".

I still wonder if I'm on the spectrum. (And it's not just because of interests... I have plenty of other reasons too...)

Does anyone else share this interest?

Has anyone got any first hand experience of this subject? 

• stop ! you make me wish I lived there dude. Not content now lol Stuck out tongue winking eye

• newer books on mushrooms are probably a LOT more accessible (and up to date) than old ones. i'm lucky, in that i live on the west coast of the us, and there are a number of regional books on shrooms, many recent, and many excellent. but they are regional ---- there are so many shrooms and fungi out there, many or most unidentified as of yet, that regional books are the best.

i would encourage people to google the aforementioned rockefeller and stametts... they each have lectures, articles, etc... most useful are probably the lectures on YT. do you guys have mushroom clubs there in the UK? here in the colonies, we do, in spite of the US being very fungi-phobic. i love taking people out and pointing out the numerous death caps that grow like crazy here.... "yup, a few bites and you'll die a terrible death. about a fifty-fifty chance..."

clubs here organize forays, in which they all go out, gather shrooms, id them, then eat the ones that are edible... i think many forays are foodie-oriented... but they also make crafts from them, paper, colorants, etc... and then, in january, people wander around searching mulch for magic mushrooms......

• R4 thats another one I dont have Tv because I cant deal with it so I have had radio for the past ten years and radio4 is the one I listen to. Its insane how mind controlling it is its entire sequence is designed to push and pull you till you are just as confused some things are worth a listen for sure but the rest you might aswell be watchin fox news. 

• Big boys are going to have to embrace mycoremediation I think !

• hi guys Slight smile some nice responses and useful information, I have the odd book on mycology tho they are rather old and difficult for me to understand the identification of many different aspects of them as they are written and described. Maybe its the format my brain doesn't like. But I shall look up these dudes and learn some interesting info, thanks guys !

• alan rockefeller i think is an actual mycologist... most of the shroomers i no are not. he goes all over the world hunting mushrooms - idk exactly how into psylocybin (spell this different each time i type it out) he is, but i know he knows a bit about it. uh ---------- u no, it is a naturally occuring thing, an organism. some people seem to treat it like it's the atom bomb or something...  i recommend looking into alan rockefeller if you're into shrooms of any sort.there's also the mushroom observer, a web site where you can upload photos of shrooms you find, and get an id. great site.

• Yes I've been listening to Stamets on Spotify.  He's a dude.  Not heard of Alan Rockerfeller. 

I don't think its "NT" like. There are rules in society (whether I agree with them or not is another matter) and they have a responsibility to keep people safe. I'm sure there are other forums on the internet where it could be more openly discussed 

• check out paul stammets and alan rockefeller. i think both are usa based, both interested in mushrooms and probably microdosing. stammets for sure. but alan rockefeller has a lot of youtube videos on shrooms - worth checking out. i happen to live in one of the only places in the usa where psylocybin (sp?) is not illegal (i think?).  which is oakland, ca. yea, oakland! i've tried them, but not a huge fan, personally.. but i feel microdosing of it is well worth study.

i hope this site encourages free speech of substances that may have been stigmatized int he past, but is now having worthwhile research done. but stifling communication on this site of psylocybin would be...........well....................very NT-like. lol, super duper ironically.

• yes it was in archives in BBC iplayer

• It took me right to the start - just four 'atoms' in existence. :)

• I think - the digital singularity and its clser than folk think. Humanity spit into transhumans or The useless class - return to the stone age. It is so well explained by Yuval Noah Harari. Also The BBC are on in it to. George Orwell himslef was a BBC broadcaster. The beeb has endless amounts of warnings on R4 about the whole thing. 

• Have you seen the Alan Watts TV series from the 1950's? It is awesome. Alan as young awakened man.

• he is a very good Zen-ish speaker. He got me into zen Buddhism. Didnt like his books but his videos are very good and his original TV series very good as well.

Charlotte Joko Beck came next.  she is my biggest influencer

Thích Nhất Hạnh and  Shunryu Suzuki also have taught me so much

• Imperial college have been doing studies and they have links to what I think is the British version of MAPS.  I love Robin Carhart-Harris. He has as a quiet confidence which i admire. I think his work will become significant over the next few years. 

• I must depart I will look foward to talking again if you are around tomorrow, evenin all XX

• I like listening to Alan Watts Slight smile

• its rough but I lived Fearful

• love van morrison play it on the juke box in the pub, when its open ! argh lockdown no pool playin is just killin me haha