What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?

More light hearted fun Slight smile 

What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?

I’ll start, though mine was slightly more night terror than dream! One night last year I was dreaming that I was looking around my grandparents old house, except that there was an extra bit of house at the back, behind where the stairs were, so I went to explore it when suddenly a ghost jumped out and grabbed me by the wrists! I could physically feel something holding my wrists too, I remember physically shaking myself to wake up! Had to sleep with the door ajar for a few weeks afterwards too!

Parents
  • And here's one to bake your noodle (quote from The Matrix).

One morning my wife and I wake at about the same time. The conversation goes like this:

Wife: "I had a strange dream last night!"

Me: "Me too. Tell me yours?"

W: "Well, I was being chased through a forest by some badgers!"

M: "OMG my dream had badgers in it too!"

W: "No but wait, these weren't normal badgers!"

M: "Why?"

W: "You'll never guess, it's so random!"

M: (Remembering my own dream, in which the badgers were brown rather than black & white) "Were they brown?"

W: "How the actual **** did you know that? Yes!"

Apparently we had both had dreams on the same night - different dreams - featuring brown badgers. 

• I had a matching one with my daughter last week - the bulk of it was based in an underground tube station which was more like a multi-storey car park - lots of concrete pillars and the trains were more like trams - the rails were embedded in the floor and there were lots of them  so you had to be careful about where you stood and walked in case a train was coming and you had to squeeze against the wall to avoid getting squashed.   The trains were all miniature - like the ones they use in mines so you could see over the top of them as they went by.     Daughter said she had an almost identical dream so we tried to think of somewhere where we might have experienced something similar - couldn't find a shared experience.

Today's dream for me was I was working at some modern company's offices - in Europe - surrounding countryside was very flat so maybe Netherlands - I had been around the local shopping centre so had a trolley of stuff that needed to go through all the complicated security at the front - but I went across the atrium and the exit doors opened so I went in there and down the corridor to the changing room area.    I was chatting to all the people there before going into my lab where I was developing an ultra-low yield nuclear device in the concrete bunkers.    I had set this thing up for a test in the future but it went off when I'd just gone outside and closed all the blast doors so I was the nearest to it on detonation - separated by only about ten feet of concrete.    I remember all sorts of people doing calculations and measurements to see if I was going to die from the exposure - but it turned out I'd got it so precisely correct that I was just under the threshold of injury.     

For my huge technical breakthrough, I was to be presented with some award from the king - but in the palace reception hall, the prince was also introducing his fiance to the house - but the were two women in wedding gowns - when asked which one he was going to marry, he answered both and all three sat on the thrones -  I remember thinking 'How modern' as I woke up. 

• What a thoroughly entertaining dream! I wonder if it's about choices (cris-crossing tracks), fear of getting it wrong (getting squished,explosions), and then a message from your subconscious that, actually, you can have both or don't need to choose (yet)?

• Wow!

I have to say, that I think this thread completely disproves the healthcare and education professionals out there who claim that imagination is impaired in Autistic people, I actually had to correct one such person about this only a couple of weeks ago! While our social imagination may not be the greatest, our imagination per se clearly knows no bounds!

• :-) I still have a ghost notification from the other week, I can see it but it's not actually there!

Reply Children
No Data