Anyone else having issues with the website?

I often can't reply on the forums unless I press ctrl+f5 to reload the page - otherwise it sits doing nothing when I submit. Also, I am asked to sign in, unless I am in the forums then it shows me signed in!
Speed is chronically slow.

Click on my account link and get a page saying to press a different link instead.

It's very messy. It's getting to the stage now whereby it's almost unusable. As a software developer I find this really annoying.

• Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I keep getting a totally black page when trying to load a thread, it does eventually work but thought I'd mention it 

• Your missed greatly DC,

thank you for supporting as usual.

Take care and the (lately) remark suggests things have gotten rather less agreeable :( for you of late.

I hope things improve for you and soon. 

Take care and good fortune to you too.

x()x

• It's a very badly laid out forum and doesn't really leave much for more common features. Sticky posts being one of them. Rather than a FAQ (which would never be read), they are always at the top of each section. One of those stickys could just as easily be called FAQ and would be read. Another one could be "introduce yourself", etc.

BTW - I had to scroll up to see where the search button is! And it's where I would expect to find it, but something in my mind says that is a site search rather than a forum search?

• ..."Suggesting existing Posts" works somewhat differently here...?: Pan downwards to see Threads with a similar NAME but may not have similar content. Or use the Search function to find threads with similar content but a totally different Name. (!)

I voted up "Extraneous" because I meant what I said in that previous Post. Some people ask the same questions but title their Thread differently... (E.G. - Title name: "Hi"... and that is all...!) Also, many people think that they are asking a unique question but without checking (or wanting) to see that others have also asked the same thing. 

...All of that is alright, but to overview the Site/Forum, as said, the same things are repeated, and these push different things out of sight. (WebPM says that New Users are invited no matter what, but if it is the same thing over and over, then... well, I do not know if that is what NAS wants...!)

Bear in mind that I said that I respect that 'everyone is different', though. But sometimes, many are just looking for a quick answer, and then they never Post again (outside of that Thread or Two.) 

...Sorry, that was a bit long, hope you understand what I mean. Stick around or take a look around long enough and you may see. Good Fortune to you & to all; Sorry I cannot Post as much as I would like to (lately).

• I run a forum that has a FAQ. Unfortunately, nobody uses it. However, I have added a feature that suggests existing posts as you are typing a title for a new post.

• Very true, FAQ would be great as these questions come up again and again. Also some kind of messaging app - I've just got up to fire up my laptop in a fit of insomnia because ti's almost impossible to msg on my tablet  Disappointed

• ( White on white is still there. So is purple on blue. Just saying... (While I can!) )

• Click on my account link and get a page saying to press a different link instead.

This seems to be gone, now. I was beginning to think that this interruption page might be changed into a very useful thing:

1 - Put the RULES onto that page. That way, not one person ("Newbies") could possibly miss them.

2 -Put proper "Hints and Tips" upon how to use this Site onto that Page. (How to Quote, Start new Threads, etc.)

3 - ...Most useful of all.. Put an FAQ on that page! "Am I Autistic? Is my child autistic? Getting a diagnosis? How long does it take? Now I am diagnosed, what next? I am autistic and in employment?"... That sort of thing.

• I cannot access my profile settings, private messages.

The top of the website is simply missing.

• Please try now. Sorry for the oversight.

• OK yes, reproduced, sorry. I've raised a ticket for that.

• Just pasted a link on a post - the user is left to decide whether it opens in a new window or not! This should be automatic in a new window. Although, what I should have posted is a video link instead - there should be a script that detects the error and corrects it on posting.

• When you edit your profile, the username is white text on white background.

• Hi

Could you confirm that contrast problem for me? We did a fix recently and my tests show that it's working as expected i.e. white text on purple. Perhaps try clearing your cache? You're right about groups - this software has a number of features that we're not using yet. I'll see if we can hide it in the list. We may of course introduce them in due course.

In terms of general contrast control etc. there's some initial information on our accessibility page; it would be helpful to know whether any of the suggestions work for you or others reading this. I've set up my tablet to go monochrome at a button press, for example, while testing these:

https://www.autism.org.uk/get-involved/about-us/website/accessibility.aspx

Regards

• It's glitchy but OK-ish in a browser - although I can't reverse it out so it hurts my eyes. It's on my tablet that it's really frustrating. In the profile page the bar that shows the menu for friends, groups etc the text is white on white so I can't read it. It's really hard to navigate, the buttons and menus are so eensy it's impossible to select them with a fingertip. It's still in a browser rather than an app so you can't reverse it out. I have to switch on blue filter to use it. There's a link to groups - I might quite like to join a group but there don't seem to be any? My message list is overlaid making it difficult to read. I can see how hard it would be to add an app to this or move to grid layout - but would it be really hard at least to reverse out the colour scheme? And I still haven't figured out how to turn off email notifications - my inbox is drowning!

• ...I support what Mr MartianTom said, there...

...And in addition, Quotes cannot always be copied this way. And Paragraphs cannot always be quoted, and sometimes the Quote function prints IDs instead of Names (e.g. "NAS12345" instead of "UserName")...

The QUOTE function could start a Thread all on its own. (Just like Notifications has other Threads.)

• Oooh - now I am on the dark side - that side where I get to moan about the slightest glitch and make the devs cry! 

Greetings. I guess this is the New "Comments, Improvements, Feedback" Thread, for 2019, then...

It is Good that Mr Webster again has someone else to talk to that is a programmer as well. (The Baton has been passed...!?)

NAS50343, please give yourself either a Name or an Icon, (non-personal) & that would help a lot of people to distinguish you,  (it would at least help Me for one, anyway) if you intend to stay/linger, Thanks.

There are other "Maintenance" Threads upon this Forum, but it seems to get too complicated for most to follow... So, Good Luck with This! (Notifications, Spam, Style-Changes, etc. etc.)

• Oooh - now I am on the dark side - that side where I get to moan about the slightest glitch and make the devs cry! 

All I need to do now is make sweeping statements such as "this will only take you 10mins" then find the one issue that will take days to fix teehee.

• Yes, I found the same. I've requested a fix.