Anyone else having issues with the website?

I often can't reply on the forums unless I press ctrl+f5 to reload the page - otherwise it sits doing nothing when I submit. Also, I am asked to sign in, unless I am in the forums then it shows me signed in!
Speed is chronically slow.

Click on my account link and get a page saying to press a different link instead.

It's very messy. It's getting to the stage now whereby it's almost unusable. As a software developer I find this really annoying.

Parents Reply Children
  • I run a forum with over 2 million comments that are all searchable on a reasonably low end machine that runs extremely quickly. There are also 200,000 articles on the main site, and 190,000 A4 scans. It's not necessarily the server that's the issue. The scripts need optimizing in most cases. The search is so fast, the (now common) suggestions as you type works in real time (those sites you might see where you start typing a search and links slide down for you to click). This is with 20,000+ users daily.

The only time the server has struggled are on the odd occasions where there are almost a million hits in 4hrs due to publicity.