This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Camel milk

please can anyone tell me has someone tried camel milk for autistic child

if you how useful it is?

where to get it from in UK?

• In days gone by a camel didn't need camouflage, they were permitted to be fully armed.

#camelsneedmountedgunsmorethanever

• Camel trying to avoid being smoked by doctor

• I bet he's got the hump!

• Well that's all new to me.......

Wink

• Pretty divisive stuff in the comments. It does seem odd that anything against Thinking Autism is heavily downvoted. I think a bit of dogpiling is at play.

Reading more about Thinking Autism their stated aims and activities, are far different to what they practice.

http://beta.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-details/?subid=0&regid=1113628

I can't find a website for them either.

They charged £10 to basically market stuff to desperate parents, that's my two cents anyway. They also vetted the attendees. That is nefarious, in my opinion, if they have nothing to hide. 

The fact that they are promoting Tuīná as a treatment is pretty disturbing too. I'm OK with touching with a context, but I found Tuīná difficult myself. A friend recommended it at Tai Chi for sciatica. I finally got over that by simply stretching and more Tai Chi. There is no way a most children with autism would be comfortable with it. Allegedly they hold the child down whist it is applied. Think ABA with a "new age" twist. We've all heard the stories about PTSD and ABA. Some of these kids are non-verbal, and can't comprehend why it's happening.

I think that a good diet is important for children in general, but they seem to be making this issue intersectional with autism, for cynical reasons in my opinion. As for the Tuīná thing, it's just cruel. There's no way around that, or two sides in my mind.

That was all pretty interesting reading. I don't agree with AIM's reported approach, but reading more about Emma Dalmayne she seems to be all over the fake "cure" industry.

The problem is that at the moment autism is a new revenue stream. We can't allow people to be exploited.

• I've tried it in tea and, yeah, it was pretty good. I can't drink coffee. It makes me feel pretty ill. Weird thing is I can eat stuff it's made from! Lol, I dunno!

• An interesting article discussing autism and nutrition.  Especially the people's comments at the end.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/clash-of-views-over-ways-to-help-autistic-people-195192/

• The flammable ones are dangerous.

• It's delicious in tea as well but disgusting in coffee.

• Camel Tea's marketing is pretty good! It's like a more funky Fry's Turkish Delight advert! The girl isn't crying either!

It was a peculiar sensory experience - the motion of the camel and its feel and smell are very vivid even now.

I've never ridden a camel, only horses. I get what you mean though. I enjoyed riding horses, it wasn't unpleasant at all. I'm actually OK at it.

i never got to taste camel milk which is just as well - I would hate to have lost my autism before I even knew I had it!

A camel spat on me once. I suddenly forgot every capital city, started enjoying bright light, and was far more tactile. Fortunately my mom made me wash my hair.Stuck out tongue winking eye

• I drink goats milk too. I think different milks taste nice with different things. I think I mentioned in the biscuit thread my love of milk in general. The irony of it is that after seeing that ASDA sell camel milk, I actually want to taste it! Don't worry though I'm not looking to "cure" myself! I'm just wondering if it could be the perfect base for Ovaltine or something like that.

• Almond milk is so much nicer on cereal than animal milk. I haven't looked back since trying it. I still drink animal milk, but almond milk is so good with cereal.

• Camels can help keep you alert while driving, reducing driving fatigue, therefore improving road safety. It's an old wives tale in Uzbekistan. Apparently the Mongols never crashed once.

• In the time I've been here I've seen parents and adults ask about many things that are being marketed as "Miracle cures". There have also been a few people posting links to such things.

Most Autistics or parents dealing with Autistic children have enough problems in life to deal with and don't need this kind of *£#@.

I see your point, but on the other side of the coin, is it fair to encourage such nonsense. There was a post here before for that linked to a witch doctor. There are things such as Miracle Mineral Solution (basically bleach), bleach enemas, electromagnetic field treatment, I could go on and on. I'd go as far as to say ABA is just as damaging as these "treatments", it certainly is cruel.

These are all either useless, dangerous, expensive, or a combination of either.

Goats milk is pretty innocuous, however it hasn't been proven to have any effect "treating" autism. It is also pricey.

I can't imagine the OP would want to return here after such ridicule.

I think satire is a more apt description. I'd say a having bit of fun is better than encouraging them. I'd also say that encouraging these sorts of posts isn't responsible within this community. That's just my opinion, but I'm not comfortable with the thought of anyone here falling foul of stuff like this.

You don't "treat" or "cure" autism, you manage it. It will take effort, but it's better than exploitation. Alcohol and Clonazepam make my "symptoms" more easy to deal with. I wouldn't market it though, or reccommend it. Unfortunately there probably is someone that would mix it up in a bottle and try and make a quick buck.

• I've just been round my local supermarket.  Plenty of choice when it comes to milk.  But no Camel

• Although this thread has turned into light hearted humour.   The OP would need a thick skin to see the funny side.

Most Autistics or parents dealing with Autistic children have enough problems in life to deal with and don't need this kind of *£#@.

• I can't imagine the OP would want to return here after such ridicule.

• It was a peculiar sensory experience - the motion of the camel and its feel and smell are very vivid even now.

i never got to taste camel milk which is just as well - I would hate to have lost my autism before I even knew I had it!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Av72nLCK4_Y

• I drink goats milk, just tried it like many other things to see if it helped stop or ease my life long gut pains, no massive difference but stuck with it, also cut out white sugar and only use brown, I switch long term just in case it helps. It rarely makes any difference.

The OP hasn’t returned a reply. Autism has no cure, you can’t fix something that is broke in the first instance, oh,,, yes it can be damaged just like NT can, and the odds are against us in that respect.

Take care and enjoying the wit and humour .()

• All of the requirements for a camel tea party........