This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Camel milk

please can anyone tell me has someone tried camel milk for autistic child

if you how useful it is?

where to get it from in UK?

Parents
  • An interesting article discussing autism and nutrition.  Especially the people's comments at the end.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/clash-of-views-over-ways-to-help-autistic-people-195192/

• Pretty divisive stuff in the comments. It does seem odd that anything against Thinking Autism is heavily downvoted. I think a bit of dogpiling is at play.

Reading more about Thinking Autism their stated aims and activities, are far different to what they practice.

http://beta.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-details/?subid=0&regid=1113628

I can't find a website for them either.

They charged £10 to basically market stuff to desperate parents, that's my two cents anyway. They also vetted the attendees. That is nefarious, in my opinion, if they have nothing to hide. 

The fact that they are promoting Tuīná as a treatment is pretty disturbing too. I'm OK with touching with a context, but I found Tuīná difficult myself. A friend recommended it at Tai Chi for sciatica. I finally got over that by simply stretching and more Tai Chi. There is no way a most children with autism would be comfortable with it. Allegedly they hold the child down whist it is applied. Think ABA with a "new age" twist. We've all heard the stories about PTSD and ABA. Some of these kids are non-verbal, and can't comprehend why it's happening.

I think that a good diet is important for children in general, but they seem to be making this issue intersectional with autism, for cynical reasons in my opinion. As for the Tuīná thing, it's just cruel. There's no way around that, or two sides in my mind.

That was all pretty interesting reading. I don't agree with AIM's reported approach, but reading more about Emma Dalmayne she seems to be all over the fake "cure" industry.

The problem is that at the moment autism is a new revenue stream. We can't allow people to be exploited.

• Pretty divisive stuff in the comments. It does seem odd that anything against Thinking Autism is heavily downvoted. I think a bit of dogpiling is at play.

Reading more about Thinking Autism their stated aims and activities, are far different to what they practice.

http://beta.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-details/?subid=0&regid=1113628

I can't find a website for them either.

They charged £10 to basically market stuff to desperate parents, that's my two cents anyway. They also vetted the attendees. That is nefarious, in my opinion, if they have nothing to hide. 

The fact that they are promoting Tuīná as a treatment is pretty disturbing too. I'm OK with touching with a context, but I found Tuīná difficult myself. A friend recommended it at Tai Chi for sciatica. I finally got over that by simply stretching and more Tai Chi. There is no way a most children with autism would be comfortable with it. Allegedly they hold the child down whist it is applied. Think ABA with a "new age" twist. We've all heard the stories about PTSD and ABA. Some of these kids are non-verbal, and can't comprehend why it's happening.

I think that a good diet is important for children in general, but they seem to be making this issue intersectional with autism, for cynical reasons in my opinion. As for the Tuīná thing, it's just cruel. There's no way around that, or two sides in my mind.

That was all pretty interesting reading. I don't agree with AIM's reported approach, but reading more about Emma Dalmayne she seems to be all over the fake "cure" industry.

The problem is that at the moment autism is a new revenue stream. We can't allow people to be exploited.

Children
No Data