A Random Topics Thread Where I Can Post Whatever I like Whenever I Gain Opportunity Or I Reeeally Feel Like Sharing It Upon The Internet

...This Thread "does what it says on the Tin", there. To be honest, I was just fed up of there being no 'Random Topics' Threads anymore, and I also miss the "Did anything Good Happen Today?" Threads, totally. 

So this is my own Thread... And I myself, as a Winged Were-Cat forced to live in a Human body (!), am starting this Thread... into which I shall put absolute Miscellany... So There, Nerrr.

Beware the Chaos. And Science. And lack of End Dates. Yet, As Always - Good Fortune to all who may read (When I can spare the Energy!)...

Parents Reply Children
  • Me again, finally...

...Upon the subject of "Sweets"... May I take opportunity to ask anyone where one can still buy Sweets in the form of proper "CANDY"?
    Candy was a "Sweet", but it was chalky, usually white, and the main ingredient was Glucose -- not the fat-increasing Sugars (Levulose, Sucrose, Syrups, Etc.) that are in almost all sweet-things nowadays, including drinks. Nowadays, what is offered is (Levulose-based) Fruit Sugars, such as Boiled Sweets and Lollies/Chews/Pastilles... they are clear, tough, and last for many years.
    "Candy" may also be in Rock Candy, but this is only available 'by the seaside', not in London (where I currently am). "Sweet Cigarettes" were the main source, but are now out of favour, since this glamourises "smoking"... go figure...

• You can still buy these, they are called "Lucky Bags". Harder to find now, since poor old ToysRUs closed down (another new Thread idea for me, there!)...

Lucky bags contain cheap sweets and colouring pages and other promotional items. The one I have latest is "My Little Pony"... but usually one can just buy the magazine and get the same things (book samples, colouring, stickers, sweets, toy, or whatnot).

• Yes I do,,also lucky bags,,,,,,there also used to be a charity bag put through my gramps letter box, I was told “ Don’t open it or we will have to pay for it”.

It was a magazine, paper style comic, a little toy, a few sweets etc, I never did get to open one but always wanted too.

If unopened and not wanted you had to put it outside and they would come pick it back up again.

Do you remember jublees,,,frozen lollies, triangular,,,ish,,,no stick, just frozen fruit squash,,, also certain times of the year pomegranates were available, used to spend hours sat pucking out the tiny fruit bits with a pin, often jabbing my gums when eating it off the pin. 

The good old days eh!