Pokémon! ( ...and Pokemon & ポケットモスタ-... )

Glad Tidings to all who may read. The Title of this Thread "Does what it says on the Tin", so-to-speak. There is already a short Thread about "My Little Pony". And also already a long Thread about "Star Trek". And so I have little problem in starting a Thread about POKEMON, regardless of how popular/unpopular it may turn out to be...

Invited here are tips, idle comments, observations, and the usual introduction: "Might anyone else be interested"... in Pokemon in this case...

Concerning myself, I would do best to state that I know most of all about the *Original* game (Nintendo Ds), and the Anime mostly... yet any discussion at all  should be welcome. I shall Post much here concerning Pokemon, and shall see how it goes, and any Hints/Tips may be shared as far as I mind. Happy New Year and Fair Play to everyone!

• "...Yo, Cloudy, Thanx - Smell Ya Later!" ...Is probably what I would say if I were Gary Oak, pfui...! 

Lol, always remember, whatever anyone achieves in life Gary Oak will be there, and have achieved it first! Is he still as smug in the later games?

...But I am Me, and, Goodness, Cloudy, you understand PKMN, as well as Tranformers and Top Gear/Dacia MotorCars...? Wowzas...  - R E S P E C T - to Thee from Myself, certainly.... (But I still do not stay online for long *sorry*...)

Respect to thee also! We really do need to have that Sandero thread one day!

...As you say this, in black and white (or whatever colours showing for this Thread)... I can believe it... I just did not *want* to belive it... *sniffle!*... I can understand why they do it - for it is for the MONEY. 

It's sad but true. Mind you they have made a few games that give you the mileage for the money. I still play Super Smash Bros. Melee on the Gamecube, one of the best fighting games ever, and I've played a lot! Captain Falcon, and Ness FTW!

The only consle-lation I have left, is probably KIRBY...(!). Thank You so very much for that reply, but, well, don't worry about me, floundering in the wake of them drowning the DS... save yourself, save yourse-e-e-elf.... (!)

Kirby is a great source of console-ment! The old NES version is still good! I'm trying to save myself, but I played Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on a friends Switch. It really is Ultimate, and I'm thinking I might be beyond saving.......Hushed

• "...Yo, Cloudy, Thanx - Smell Ya Later!" ...Is probably what I would say if I were Gary Oak, pfui...! 

...But I am Me, and, Goodness, Cloudy, you understand PKMN, as well as Tranformers and Top Gear/Dacia MotorCars...? Wowzas...  - R E S P E C T - to Thee from Myself, certainly.... (But I still do not stay online for long *sorry*...)

Nintendo are trying to market the Switch as a DS alternative, and a console.

...As you say this, in black and white (or whatever colours showing for this Thread)... I can believe it... I just did not *want* to belive it... *sniffle!*... I can understand why they do it - for it is for the MONEY. 

The only consle-lation I have left, is probably KIRBY...(!). Thank You so very much for that reply, but, well, don't worry about me, floundering in the wake of them drowning the DS... save yourself, save yourse-e-e-elf.... (!)

• Nintendo are trying to market the Switch as a DS alternative, and a console. The 3DS is stiil releasing games, but I guess they are trying to make people jump over to the Switch with the Pokémon releases. Cynical stuff. I can see why you're peeved

Gary Oak probably has it on a console that hasn't even been released yet.Wink

Case in point......

He has 10 badges too. Gary M'Fkin Oak!

• ...Thank You for your Reply.

My point is/was in two halves:

1 - If I could afford £300 - £2000 for a Smartphone, then I could certainly afford to buy a Switch, and so would not have said what I said. Pokemon always costed around £40 anyway, but the DS only costs around £100...

2 - Pokemon Games are and always will be about the RPG.  Not about fancy Cutscenes or animations and whatnot. As I said, I especially meant the new "Z-Moves", which are sort of cutscenes/Animation; they are not essential and they eat up the Memory Size for a Game... but Nintendo is saying that they are necessary and saying that they have "pushed the DS to its limits"... (!)

It is perfectly possible to clear Sun/Moon without using these silly "Z-Moves", but I wonder if I am the only one to have done this (more than once!)...?

Again, Thank You for a reply though, "PokemonGoAddict" (Am I correct in remembering that your UserName was that before?)... As I said, all I can do is Post here in this Forum, and that is just about all I can do... Until one day I become rich enough to buy out Nintendo and force them to carry on putting 'Core Pokemon Games' upon the DS for poor folk like m'self... !?!

Thanks and Take care of yourself.

• Do you have a smart phone? Pokemon Go is free to play and a good alternative for those (like me!) who can't afford the new Switch console.

I agree with you in that paying £300 for a console and then £40 for a game is unfair as it will be too much money for a lot of people. 

• Greetings, anyone. I am Posting this here, for all the good it may do. (I cannot EMail and this is <> my only "social media" Forum.) Anyone not interested in Pokemon can just ignore this, of course.
    For 2019 - and since 2018 - ...Pokemon has been said to share the "Core" game from the Nintendo DS to include also being upon the Nintendo Switch. This was alright... until 'Nintendo' began to moan and say that there will be no more "Core" Pokemon Games upon the DS anymore...
    Nintendo wrongly assumes that there is absolutely no difference between a device costing £70 - £150, and a device costing sometimes over £300...
    Excuse Me, but In order to enjoy Pokemon, We do NOT need extended videos of a Lycanrock dropping a Massive boulder upon a Caterpie, or a Primarina singing, or a "Black Hole Eclipse", or the like. These things can stay upon the large Consoles (The Switch)! If that is the reason for stopping DS Games, then it is a very lame excuse. Pokemon began upon handhelds, and not upon the NES/SuperNES. Please just give us a Game, and do not completely abandon those of us who cannot afford £200 extra...!!
    (I expect this (Thread) to be buried quickly again, but at least I said something... somewhere...       :-/      ...I do not Post often lately, not my fault... T'would Be nice if someone else understood and agreed, though... especially Nintendo themselves (!) ...)

• Here are some more *Abilities* which I might like:

Liquid Ooze (any attacks attempting to drain HP (Energy) will drain the attacker instead).

Magic Bounce (reflects Status moves (eg. confusion or Paralysis) or moves that would lower Statistics (e.g. Does not lower my own Willpower or confidence))
    ...This is similar to White Smoke (my own Abilities and Stats are not affected by anyone's attacks).

Here are abilities which I think that I developed after around the age of 30:

Oblivious (Immunity to Captivate/Infatuation, and Taunts)

Run Away (...speaks for itself, versus people I do not know (!))

...Fair Play to all who may read...!

• If I could have one move, I'd definitely have Heal Bell. Whenever there's anger or pain in the atmosphere, I could ring my Heal Bell and dispel all negative feelings and help everyone to calm down!x

And as inhumane as this sounds, I'd love to have a ranch of millions of Meowths that all use Pay Day. I'd love to support projects helping less fortunate people with all that money, although I'd hate to see what'd happen to the UK inflation rate with all that money being created!!

• my fave has to be snivy with her love trap

• Greetings,

I could do with Pay Day right now.

I've often tried to Transform into someone else in real life, but it's a lot harder than it looks. There have been times I would have appreciated Substitute or Iron Defense in social situations, and Rest for immediately afterwards.

It would be fun to try Fly or Dive for a new perspective on the world.

Best wishes

• This Thread may not be forgotten with a "Whimper", however; for there may be an interesting thing to do, here (on this NAS Forum). To Anyone reading, you do not have to be an "expert" in the World of Pokemon either, to join in with this sub-topic:

POKEMON IN REAL LIFE.

If you could have a Pokemon, or if you could have a Pokemon Type, Power, Ability, Item, Stadium-Card... any of that? Or something in Reality as a Pokemon Power/Item?

For example:
    I, in my life, am as if stuck with a Ring Target Item (Directs all attacks towards myself.) ...Hence my UserName.
    If I could, I would grow a Lum Berry Tree (recovers from all Status Conditions), or always eat Pecha Berries (prevents Confusion!)
    For Abilities, I might have been enforced as Klutz (cannot use held items), yet since around the age of 30, I have found my Own Tempo (cannot be confused)!
    As far as Attacks go, I may have started out with Me First (helps the attacker to attack)... yet then developed Chip Away (The opponent's Statistical Changes don't affect my attacks).

In closing this Post, I assume that we are all Adults, here, and so all of us would appreciate Sunny Day, RainDance, or especially Pay Day...?
    おやすみなさい,な...

• Glad Tidings. Please understand that this Post is/was hard for me to write, and I have kept putting it off, for reasons I can only say might be Autistic...
    In a way, OrinocoFlo warned me about this, upon the other "avatar" Thread... that it might "bore people" (!). I was going to Post a lot, but the other responses to this Thread were rather... aggressive Gamers, and I did not expect that. (Anyone, Feel free to tell me off, yet please try to be polite about it?)
    I always play Pokemon very seriously, I regard each Pokemon as if it were a "Virtual Pet" (like Digimon), and never catch a Pokemon which I do not like/need/want - except when the game forces you to do so as part of the story (e.g. Zekrom, Yveltal). I have two versions of each game, and always keep one saved permanent. And whenever I want to start again, I transfer the Pokemon to the permanent game and reset the other game.

...I don't play the Game as if it were a Game! Call me foolish, but I did not expect that... My intended Posts would have been about how to get the most out of the "Pokemon Refresh" (petting) screen, and then forming the best kind of Team, and how doing all of that meant that I can clear the game without ever losing a battle... but I see that no-one might care for any of that, yet I had to start a Thread to find out. End of Post.

• Thank you, I will definitely look for those, I think I must be close to the end of my current game because I am in something called "The Final maze" so that's a bit of a hint.

• Thanks for your recommendations, I'll have a look on eBay for games. Also many thanks for directing me earlier to your post on how to start a new thread for discussions.

Best wishes and a Happy New Year 

• Hi OrinocoFlo!

I loved playing PMD years back - managed to complete most of "Blue Rescue Team" (including post-game events). I'd recommend trying the Pokemon Ranger series (as Disallowed Cynosure said) - played the original, Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs, and loved them all loads!!

Much love <3

• Fair enough - it is a really tough challenge! I've just started the "Randomised Team Challenge", which will be a fresh challenge! :)

• Ah Charizard, a classic choice haha! My least favourite would have to be the Unown - I don't see myself catching every type of Unown for a small reward when I could have completed the game in that time instead haha! xD

• Very glad Tidings to you, Miss Starmie.
    ...Your Icon is a Pokemon Starmie! Yay!

I started this Thread, and so that is that. Yet I had no idea that it would become what it has become thus far... and this is a reason for me being extremely glad to see you here (Another "Sissy Girl" like myself, maybe?)... and yet another learning lesson for myself concerning "The Internet"...

I have always liked the "Pokemon Ranger" series, yet as soon as I did... they stopped doing them. There was *one* game called "Pokemon Conquest" which I also liked... and they stopped those as well. Perhaps anyone may see a pattern, here...? (!)

...With regards to "Unknown Dungeons", I do not much like them, yet they interest me (and are still going)... There is a thing to beware of, however. I have been in Dungeons, where what it does is lead you in a large circle, as if a Spiral starting from the outside, and the Exit is only in the very centre. Yet during that, there is no food, items, warps, or anything. Except unending attackers...

• HI, and best wishes.

I have several Nintendo DS games, including Sapphire (my personal favourite), and am currently working through my first dungeon game  "Explorers of Darkness". I like it because you enter the game as an actual Pokémon, though with memories of being human, and gradually find out what happened to you as you progress. Can anyone recommend another good game in this series?