Pokémon! ( ...and Pokemon & ポケットモスタ-... )

Glad Tidings to all who may read. The Title of this Thread "Does what it says on the Tin", so-to-speak. There is already a short Thread about "My Little Pony". And also already a long Thread about "Star Trek". And so I have little problem in starting a Thread about POKEMON, regardless of how popular/unpopular it may turn out to be...

Invited here are tips, idle comments, observations, and the usual introduction: "Might anyone else be interested"... in Pokemon in this case...

Concerning myself, I would do best to state that I know most of all about the *Original* game (Nintendo Ds), and the Anime mostly... yet any discussion at all  should be welcome. I shall Post much here concerning Pokemon, and shall see how it goes, and any Hints/Tips may be shared as far as I mind. Happy New Year and Fair Play to everyone!

Parents
  • Greetings, anyone. I am Posting this here, for all the good it may do. (I cannot EMail and this is <> my only "social media" Forum.) Anyone not interested in Pokemon can just ignore this, of course.
    For 2019 - and since 2018 - ...Pokemon has been said to share the "Core" game from the Nintendo DS to include also being upon the Nintendo Switch. This was alright... until 'Nintendo' began to moan and say that there will be no more "Core" Pokemon Games upon the DS anymore...
    Nintendo wrongly assumes that there is absolutely no difference between a device costing £70 - £150, and a device costing sometimes over £300...
    Excuse Me, but In order to enjoy Pokemon, We do NOT need extended videos of a Lycanrock dropping a Massive boulder upon a Caterpie, or a Primarina singing, or a "Black Hole Eclipse", or the like. These things can stay upon the large Consoles (The Switch)! If that is the reason for stopping DS Games, then it is a very lame excuse. Pokemon began upon handhelds, and not upon the NES/SuperNES. Please just give us a Game, and do not completely abandon those of us who cannot afford £200 extra...!!
    (I expect this (Thread) to be buried quickly again, but at least I said something... somewhere...       :-/      ...I do not Post often lately, not my fault... T'would Be nice if someone else understood and agreed, though... especially Nintendo themselves (!) ...)

• Do you have a smart phone? Pokemon Go is free to play and a good alternative for those (like me!) who can't afford the new Switch console.

I agree with you in that paying £300 for a console and then £40 for a game is unfair as it will be too much money for a lot of people. 

Reply Children
  • ...Thank You for your Reply.

My point is/was in two halves:

1 - If I could afford £300 - £2000 for a Smartphone, then I could certainly afford to buy a Switch, and so would not have said what I said. Pokemon always costed around £40 anyway, but the DS only costs around £100...

2 - Pokemon Games are and always will be about the RPG.  Not about fancy Cutscenes or animations and whatnot. As I said, I especially meant the new "Z-Moves", which are sort of cutscenes/Animation; they are not essential and they eat up the Memory Size for a Game... but Nintendo is saying that they are necessary and saying that they have "pushed the DS to its limits"... (!)

It is perfectly possible to clear Sun/Moon without using these silly "Z-Moves", but I wonder if I am the only one to have done this (more than once!)...?

Again, Thank You for a reply though, "PokemonGoAddict" (Am I correct in remembering that your UserName was that before?)... As I said, all I can do is Post here in this Forum, and that is just about all I can do... Until one day I become rich enough to buy out Nintendo and force them to carry on putting 'Core Pokemon Games' upon the DS for poor folk like m'self... !?!

Thanks and Take care of yourself.