Pokémon! ( ...and Pokemon & ポケットモスタ-... )

Glad Tidings to all who may read. The Title of this Thread "Does what it says on the Tin", so-to-speak. There is already a short Thread about "My Little Pony". And also already a long Thread about "Star Trek". And so I have little problem in starting a Thread about POKEMON, regardless of how popular/unpopular it may turn out to be...

Invited here are tips, idle comments, observations, and the usual introduction: "Might anyone else be interested"... in Pokemon in this case...

Concerning myself, I would do best to state that I know most of all about the *Original* game (Nintendo Ds), and the Anime mostly... yet any discussion at all  should be welcome. I shall Post much here concerning Pokemon, and shall see how it goes, and any Hints/Tips may be shared as far as I mind. Happy New Year and Fair Play to everyone!

Parents
  • Glad Tidings. Please understand that this Post is/was hard for me to write, and I have kept putting it off, for reasons I can only say might be Autistic...
    In a way, OrinocoFlo warned me about this, upon the other "avatar" Thread... that it might "bore people" (!). I was going to Post a lot, but the other responses to this Thread were rather... aggressive Gamers, and I did not expect that. (Anyone, Feel free to tell me off, yet please try to be polite about it?)
    I always play Pokemon very seriously, I regard each Pokemon as if it were a "Virtual Pet" (like Digimon), and never catch a Pokemon which I do not like/need/want - except when the game forces you to do so as part of the story (e.g. Zekrom, Yveltal). I have two versions of each game, and always keep one saved permanent. And whenever I want to start again, I transfer the Pokemon to the permanent game and reset the other game.

...I don't play the Game as if it were a Game! Call me foolish, but I did not expect that... My intended Posts would have been about how to get the most out of the "Pokemon Refresh" (petting) screen, and then forming the best kind of Team, and how doing all of that meant that I can clear the game without ever losing a battle... but I see that no-one might care for any of that, yet I had to start a Thread to find out. End of Post.

• Glad Tidings. Please understand that this Post is/was hard for me to write, and I have kept putting it off, for reasons I can only say might be Autistic...
    In a way, OrinocoFlo warned me about this, upon the other "avatar" Thread... that it might "bore people" (!). I was going to Post a lot, but the other responses to this Thread were rather... aggressive Gamers, and I did not expect that. (Anyone, Feel free to tell me off, yet please try to be polite about it?)
    I always play Pokemon very seriously, I regard each Pokemon as if it were a "Virtual Pet" (like Digimon), and never catch a Pokemon which I do not like/need/want - except when the game forces you to do so as part of the story (e.g. Zekrom, Yveltal). I have two versions of each game, and always keep one saved permanent. And whenever I want to start again, I transfer the Pokemon to the permanent game and reset the other game.

...I don't play the Game as if it were a Game! Call me foolish, but I did not expect that... My intended Posts would have been about how to get the most out of the "Pokemon Refresh" (petting) screen, and then forming the best kind of Team, and how doing all of that meant that I can clear the game without ever losing a battle... but I see that no-one might care for any of that, yet I had to start a Thread to find out. End of Post.

Children
No Data