Relapsed again

None

• Thanks.I have water bottles, but they don't have markers re how much to drink in x time.

• These water bottles are really good. I am totally useless at drinking water

• See my water bottle idea, firemonkey. May help you too.

• I struggle with constipation and also the opposite. I take docusate and senna for it, plus laxido if necessary. What doesn't  help matters with me is a tendency to be dehydrated . That being interoception related. Also on codeine for pain management.

• Yeh there actually is a lot out there about it. It’s good to read about it. Constipation is the main thing autistic people struggle with including me. This can cause pain which can lead to aggression and low mood, anxiety, irritability etc. Because it’s a normal reaction to pain. I never thought that my tummy could actually be causing my anxiety rather than my anxiety causing my tummy issues. Because all I had ever been told was ‘it’s all anxiety’. But did you know that pain in the tummy actually sends signals to the brain that there is danger and you need to act now. That appears to be what causes panic attacks at least in my case. 

• Bowel issues and autsim reading sounds interesting -  is there a lot of information out there about it? I have also had some issues.

It is good to hear that things are going okay. And that you have been managing to not drink. That must be hard to not drink. I hope you continue to be okay.

• This is plastic and quite tough. The point of this one is that it has markers on how much to drink by a certain time. I keep it by me and when I look at it, I have that reminder to get on track. I forgot to tell you about the markers - and that was the whole point .

• Cool stuff! I use a metal water bottle as I am liable to break these things because I am quite clumsy at times and always knock them over by accident ending up breaking them. Lol. 

• Ah that’s good I would probably break it. I am quite clumsy and always drop and break water bottles or knock them over because I walk into them lol. Yeh I just realised that codeine actually makes constipation worse and ibuprofen or aspirin make the intestines inflamed and cause tummy ulcers. So I’m best just sticking with paracetamol for pain relief. Yeh they are common in us autistic folks. It is treatable though which is good. I feel I suffer from Chronic Constipation and also GERD. I haven’t been diagnosed with IBS or anything. But I know autistic people who did. 

• I have a water bottle like this, that I totally rely on. If I didn't have it, I'd be a shriveled prune because I forget to drink, In fact, I actually have two for when one needs to be washed.

I can't have codeine any more because of constipation. Even one dose gets me. Also codeine is addictive and hard to give up. IBS and digestive problems are really common to autistics. I have struggled with these problems for most of my life.

Anyway - the water bottles are a god send!

• That’s a shame. Is your friend okay now? Yeh Movicol (otherwise known as Macragol or polyethylene glycol 3350 in America) is a good laxative. It draws water from the rest of the body. I find if my GI tract is in a state of emergency or pain then it sends signals to my brain to go into fight or flight and I then get panic attacks. So I guess I try and eat more fibre, drink water take medicine etc to help my guts and that helps my anxiety then.

• Ah Yeh things are okay. I am not consuming anymore alcohol at all. I am reading a lot just now about bowel issues and autism. It is interesting to say the least. I notice my anxiety comes when my gut is in distress. If my gut is happy my brain is happy also.

• Hi Yellow tree - I really wanted to engage too. But I have learned from an alcoholic friend of mine that there is no point while they are actually under the influence. And then I forgot. I hope that things are better. I can't remember the details now, but if you have codine constipation can you try something live Movicol to get things moving?

• Hi Yellow Tree, How are you doing? I did read your original post, but didn't really know how to help. How are things with you now? xx