Relapsed again

None

Parents
  • Hi Yellow tree - I really wanted to engage too. But I have learned from an alcoholic friend of mine that there is no point while they are actually under the influence. And then I forgot. I hope that things are better. I can't remember the details now, but if you have codine constipation can you try something live Movicol to get things moving?

• That’s a shame. Is your friend okay now? Yeh Movicol (otherwise known as Macragol or polyethylene glycol 3350 in America) is a good laxative. It draws water from the rest of the body. I find if my GI tract is in a state of emergency or pain then it sends signals to my brain to go into fight or flight and I then get panic attacks. So I guess I try and eat more fibre, drink water take medicine etc to help my guts and that helps my anxiety then.

• I have a water bottle like this, that I totally rely on. If I didn't have it, I'd be a shriveled prune because I forget to drink, In fact, I actually have two for when one needs to be washed.

I can't have codeine any more because of constipation. Even one dose gets me. Also codeine is addictive and hard to give up. IBS and digestive problems are really common to autistics. I have struggled with these problems for most of my life.

Anyway - the water bottles are a god send!

• I have a water bottle like this, that I totally rely on. If I didn't have it, I'd be a shriveled prune because I forget to drink, In fact, I actually have two for when one needs to be washed.

I can't have codeine any more because of constipation. Even one dose gets me. Also codeine is addictive and hard to give up. IBS and digestive problems are really common to autistics. I have struggled with these problems for most of my life.

Anyway - the water bottles are a god send!

Children