Trigger warning: Girl gets arrested, seemingly for being Autistic in a built up area.

Firstly: As the (annoying) commentry indicates we don't know all the facts here.

Secondly: It's a "zero hedge" article featuring PJW, so will be utter anathema to some people.

Thirdly: It's morbidly interesting, and somewhat thought provoking.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/arrested-saying-lesbian

Parents
  • From what I observed, it really was a show of power from the female officer.

I think the other officers are more responsible though as they should of pulled the female officer away from the situation.

Just a thought, maybe the fact that the female officer was a woman and possibly gay, the male officers where intimidated by her and felt they would get in more trouble pulling her away from the situation then just letting it play out.

From the fact the female officer has walked away from this without any disciplinary action against her, shows that maybe the case.

• And as much as I don’t want to be vindictive if there are no consequences with this sort of thing really they’ll just keep on happening

• I agree, what worries me the most is how autistic people are viewed by the state.

I had recently read about how Canada and the Netherlands had been coercing autistic adults into euthanization.

Scary to think that Aktion T4 was not learnt from at all by so called civil state services in the western world.

• I'm nice to the ones who don't try to bully or entrap me....

• Morally I tend to agree. But pragmatically I think it’s pretty obvious that the system has a lot to do with the attitude of the people in it. So if what matters to us is affecting change it’s just as important to target the system.

In due course a court May determine that the police officers involved in this incident are at fault. I don’t think having a march specifically to pillory the individuals would go down well with the public until that point. The police force as a whole on the other hand is clearly also at fault. And is also determined not to learn from its errors.

The chair of the Police LGBT group for example described the female police officer in the video as the ‘real victim.’ https://youtu.be/fqTlHRhtWcc

this is very much a systemic issue as much as one of personal responsibility.

• Police constables are "office holders" and are liable for their personal conduct. The police force corporately may try to cover things up in the interest of avoiding reputational damage or political repercussions.  Doctors, nurses, social workers and other professionals are personally liable for our professional actions. That is why we belong to unions and have liability insurance. The same should apply to the police. They should be held personally liable for acts of discrimination and abuse of authority, just like any other professional.

• There’s a really big difference between people with a little p and People with a big P. Companies are basically psychopaths. When you arrange people in a company they often become collectively amoral even though individually each one would say they are men of good conscience. Executives and board members say they are bound to do what is best for their shareholders even if it is morally questionable. For their part shareholders prefer not to know about the details of how their company is run. that way they can take their dividends and sleep easily at night. companies are playing the maximise profits at all costs game.

whereas government institutions like the police are playing the politics game. Pressure groups like the LGBT movement, #metoo, Black Lives Matter. They have all exerted pressure on the police to behave in a certain way. But the police care about The appearance of being politically correct not actually building a fairer society.

all of these other pressure groups have acted, I imagine, in good faith but unintentionally they have created an environment where autistic people can be pilloried for innocuous comments; as this young girl was. If we want the police to look after autistic peoples rights we will have to be as vocal and as militant as the LGBT community has been, and other communities have been, to ensure that when situations arise a fair balance is struck rather than the police simply jumping to what they think the politically correct thing to do is.

because when people get together in a big group and start acting collectively, particularly Neurotypical people, they stop acting like individuals and instead start acting like sociopaths, and collective organisations like that need to be controlled, they have no conscience per se to speak of.

• The point is that institutions and organisations are run by people. The distinction between a committee and a cabal can be extremely narrow sometimes. The people and the Mob can sometimes be the same thing. Fear is a poor tool for controlling individuals, But I think it can be quite useful when it comes to controlling organisations and cliques that wish to exert power on others.

• The point is that institutions and organisations are run by people. The distinction between a committee and a cabal can be extremely narrow sometimes. The people and the Mob can sometimes be the same thing. Fear is a poor tool for controlling individuals, But I think it can be quite useful when it comes to controlling organisations and cliques that wish to exert power on others.

Children