Trigger warning: Girl gets arrested, seemingly for being Autistic in a built up area.

Firstly: As the (annoying) commentry indicates we don't know all the facts here.

Secondly: It's a "zero hedge" article featuring PJW, so will be utter anathema to some people.

Thirdly: It's morbidly interesting, and somewhat thought provoking.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/arrested-saying-lesbian

Parents
  • From what I observed, it really was a show of power from the female officer.

I think the other officers are more responsible though as they should of pulled the female officer away from the situation.

Just a thought, maybe the fact that the female officer was a woman and possibly gay, the male officers where intimidated by her and felt they would get in more trouble pulling her away from the situation then just letting it play out.

From the fact the female officer has walked away from this without any disciplinary action against her, shows that maybe the case.

• And as much as I don’t want to be vindictive if there are no consequences with this sort of thing really they’ll just keep on happening

• I agree, what worries me the most is how autistic people are viewed by the state.

I had recently read about how Canada and the Netherlands had been coercing autistic adults into euthanization.

Scary to think that Aktion T4 was not learnt from at all by so called civil state services in the western world.

• I'm nice to the ones who don't try to bully or entrap me....

• Morally I tend to agree. But pragmatically I think it’s pretty obvious that the system has a lot to do with the attitude of the people in it. So if what matters to us is affecting change it’s just as important to target the system.

In due course a court May determine that the police officers involved in this incident are at fault. I don’t think having a march specifically to pillory the individuals would go down well with the public until that point. The police force as a whole on the other hand is clearly also at fault. And is also determined not to learn from its errors.

The chair of the Police LGBT group for example described the female police officer in the video as the ‘real victim.’ https://youtu.be/fqTlHRhtWcc

this is very much a systemic issue as much as one of personal responsibility.

• Morally I tend to agree. But pragmatically I think it’s pretty obvious that the system has a lot to do with the attitude of the people in it. So if what matters to us is affecting change it’s just as important to target the system.

In due course a court May determine that the police officers involved in this incident are at fault. I don’t think having a march specifically to pillory the individuals would go down well with the public until that point. The police force as a whole on the other hand is clearly also at fault. And is also determined not to learn from its errors.

The chair of the Police LGBT group for example described the female police officer in the video as the ‘real victim.’ https://youtu.be/fqTlHRhtWcc

this is very much a systemic issue as much as one of personal responsibility.

Children
No Data