New here.

1. Hi, I'm new here. I'm recently diagnosed, late in life. Still processing it all. 
  • Hello  :-)

I was diagnosed aged 48 in Feb 2020. I’m still getting used to being diagnosed, processing my life in reverse through autistic lenses and testing out how I feel about sharing who I really am. Go at your own pace. Interesting what you say, , about stress and sleep - rings lots of bells with me.

I found this community a great place to be prior to and after diagnosis - a great place to feel a sense of belonging, somewhere you know people will just get you and where you can ask for feedback on your thoughts and worries. 

• Hi there Just Me and welcome 

• Welcome. I'm late diagnosed too.

Having an explanation as to WHY things happen(ed) like they do is a massive comfort.

There are lots of really nice people here.

• i would wait a couple of months before telling anyone.   Maybe you will get loads of flash backs as I did and incidents u couldnt quite understand suddenly make more sense. I especially worked out how kind and supporting the people of my townland and wider county where

• Yes - you'll end up reprocessing your whole life - try not to get upset with yourself if you notice you've been manipulated and used by people in the past - we're all bad at spotting it beforehand.

Are you looking carefully at stress / anxiety management?    It's our downfall as we get older - our ability to deal with it and sleep it off diminishes with age so you need to actively look at relaxation and fun things to rest your mind when it gets bound up with anxiety.

I've found the best things are childish hobbies like Lego where you can lose yourself in another world.

It's good your partner is on board - you can find ways to have a fun life together - with low stress!  Smiley

• I'm managing OK right now. I'd suspected I was autistic for quite a while, so it wasn't a shock, more like a relief. I'm trying to decide who, if anyone, to tell.  I don't work, so I don't need to think about that. I've told my partner but I'd already discussed the possibility with them beforehand, so it wasn't a surprise. But I'm in no hurry. I'm still getting "so THAT'S why that happened!" moments. 

• Hi welcome to this forum for autustic aduls and non-autistic partners/carers/adults

• Hi Just Me

Welcome aboard - is there anything we can help with?     It's going to take time to accept who you are - I was married with a job and a child before I ended up diagnosed-  that's a lot to reprocess Smiley

How are you managing?

• Hi JustMe. Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your recent diagnosis. And good luck with the processing.