Afterlife

Hi , does anyone ever think about the afterlife ?.

Like is there one ? .

If there is what is it like ? .

I've been obsessivly thinking about it since an experience that I had at Bodmin goal .

My nan had died one year prior to my visit to the goal .

I went with a friend to the ghost event and I we were in a group of six , we did the glass thing where everybody puts a finger on the glass and the spirit uses the energy to move the glass .

I was very skeptical about the whole thing , the medium was saying that a lady was there that used to be a maid or something .

I had read somewhere that if you say the deceased name and then say come forward , that they will come through .

The medium said that you can ask a question in your mind and the spirit will hear you ,so I said my nans name ,come forward .

I kept repeating this and then the medium said oh wait there's another lady coming through , she's pushed the other lady out !.

And then she started asking are you an older lady etc and the glass was moving .

Anyway it turned out it was my nan , the medium had described her down to a T and was saying that she is laughing at me . 

She then said "she's showing me her legs , they're lovely legs she said but I don't know why she's showing me  " 

I didn't say anything but my nan had cellulitis in her legs.

I can't wrap my head around how she knows all this and I can't wrap my head around how a spirit can function without a brain .

I've over analysed it so much that It's made my anxiety bad because now I'm scared of dying because I don't know what to expect.

Can someone help me put this to bed please ?

• a sparrowhawk. I watch their hunt in my garden and its it amazing how they can fly around and thought trees at enormous speeds 

• i believe in some sort of beyond from these flesh and bodies. i have many weird experiences myself.
    i believe perhaps we touch this place in our dreams too and that sometimes our dreams are not actually dreams at all but our being wandering from our body and seeing things in a more fluid changing spiritual manner of which i assume that time acts differently in this realm to the point everything is merges and changing and jumbled as if time doesnt exist, which is why the dream world is ever changing and warping and each place is different each time you see it in your dream due to the time flow being all over the place.

the first most standout experience that solidified my assumption on the dreams not being dreams was when i was on holiday in cornwall in caravan ages ago, in my dream i saw my local town at night up north and just random drunk chavs walking down the street, then i zoomed back at super fast speed over countryside and got back to my body in a matter of seconds, looked to the door to see parents sticking head through to tell us to wake up, then i got back in my body and woke up, i then glanced to the door, nothing, so was gonna go back bed then just like that my parents open the door and stick their head through the same way i saw in my dream and told us to wake up. this solidified to me that it was some out of body experience and that time works differently out of body and we can move through time in some way. or that time simply doesnt exist or is movable to us just like moving our legs is.

i also remember far back, i have weird memory that sticks... i remember being a baby in a pram or something in my garden, very clear memories of being a baby, i remember my parents went in to kitchen and there seemed to be a disembodied voice speaking to me, it told me to look after my mum and she loves me and i think it also warned to watch out for dad as hes a bit grumpy, but at that time he wasnt grumpy really, he only became grumpy and negative later on, thinking on that voice i dunno if it was some spirit, or now thinking back on how time works differently out of body im not entirely sure if it was actually a me from the future, or me a from after i died going back to see the me as a baby? the voice seems rather familiar almost like my own now. plus i remember as a baby understanding english and what people were saying, knowing how to think in english and wondering why i cant make that voice from my mouth. i also think i remember actively focusing on trying to remember everything as a baby, to act as proof to me when im older perhaps that there is more than just this life. i remember trying to remember, mixed with spots of blackness of fading out of it.... kinda like when your drunk tbh 

• Universe is playing with Lego bricks. Creating, destroying and creating again.

• I went to a psychic fare a long time ago,with a friend and his mum. We all spoke to the same "medium" and were amazed how accurate she was. However, listening to the tape you got on the way home we discovered she told us all exactly the same thing, word for word. It's just said in a way that nearly everyone can relate to it in some way. We actually went back and got our money back.

According to Brian Cox though, all of the carbon atoms in the world are the same ones created by the Big Bang. You can't create them, can't destroy them. So in that sense afterlife occurs because either your body goes in the ground and decomposes or your ashes go into the ground. They then get absorbed into the soil, the soil provides nutrients for plants, the plants bare fruit, animals and humans eat the fruit to sustain life and create life. That life in part is possible because of something else's death.

• Anyway it turned out it was my nan , the medium had described her down to a T and was saying that she is laughing at me . 

She then said "she's showing me her legs , they're lovely legs she said but I don't know why she's showing me  " 

I didn't say anything but my nan had cellulitis in her legs.

I can't wrap my head around how she knows all this and I can't wrap my head around how a spirit can function without a brain .

I've over analysed it so much that It's made my anxiety bad because now I'm scared of dying because I don't know what to expect.

Can someone help me put this to bed please ?

Basically the molecules of the physical body are held together by the interwoven warps and wefts of the spiritual or dimensional bodies and plains, which we get experience of through our dreams more usually ~ with each level of anatomy and physiology being neurological systems in their own rights.

When then we die and the physical body stops working, the remaining bodies continue on working until one by one, one after the other and plain by plain, until they stop working leaving only the conscious self or spiritual sole to be either spiritually reborn in a new physical body in these plains of existence, or born to a higher level of embodiment if one has completed their course at this particular level of the university of life.

Very simply then, when your nan's physical body died she as a being did not, and as such she carried on living through the remaining plains of this system of things ~ as involve higher frequencies of reality that most people have no sense of, whereas psychics do, so not too unlike the vast of people that have open access to non-subscription television ~ whilst psychics have subscriptions to rarer more refined channels of viewing.

Consider for instance that for some psychics there are more people around and about than appears to be the case for non-psychics.

• Well rather than telling you or anyone else what I think exists beyond this world, I can from my experience of having had a Near Death Experience (or NDE) state that the most befitting descriptions in literature for me ~ is the Tibetan Book of the Dead if you fancy the longer account, and the Greek form-driven rather than English meaning-driven transliteration of Luke 17:33 ~ 37 (from the Greek texts of the New Testament Bible) if you fancy the shorter account as follows:

33.) Whoever seeks for the life of them to keep about, thus puts an end to it, and whoever puts an end to thus will keep about it.*

*So keep heart centred and avoid amnesic rebirths.

34.) I tell you all, the way of embodiment in this night* becomes as two upon bed [each] one; the one of you taken over to place, and the other of you left to place:

*Night as being material existence and darkness also.

35.) as becomes two >[in the mill house]< grinding to settle upon themselves;* the one of you taken over to place, and the other of you left to place:

*The past life review or judgement.

36.) as becomes two in the midst* of the fields; the one of you taken over to place, and the other of you left to place.

*The Heaven of Heavens or Spiritual plains.

37.) And they all responded saying to Him, "Where; Teacher?" He then said to them, "Where-ever-so the body of life; there in place together the Eagles* will also gather to be.

*The Eagles are the birds of heaven as being analogies for Angles, as are the quintessence of consciousness otherwise known as the spirit of you.

• I am a Christian all be it an unconventional one. For all life’s hardship I believe there is a loving being that seeks fellowship with us after we die. Jesus uses the metaphor of a house to describe the afterlife. A house with many rooms in which one is prepared specially for us. Regardless as to what form the afterlife takes it’s comforting to know some thought has been put into making sure it is suitable for us as individuals and also that there is a wider building in which we can interact with others.

but for the most part I like to think about life before death. It’s much rarer than you think, and definitely worth fighting for.

• Just checked to see if it is on You Tube. It is!

That should be interesting to view

• A physically and mentally healthy and agile person, lol. What about yourself?

• How the universe understands, and as a result, grows and transforms. 

• That's the truest statement I've read so far.

• what do you want to come back as ?   

• I definitely believe in reincarnation, that your consciousness becomes part of the collective unconscious and then gets 'recycled' after you die. That's just my personal belief though.

• We are the universe experiencing itself ;)

• Beg your pardon, the series title is Surviving Death.

• This does have me wondering though if it's remotely the same if we're cremated?

Bonemeal is good for the plants - you'd still be doing your bit.

I can't decide if I should just go through a big garden shredder - I think the roses would enjoy the nutrients.      The foxes would benefit too.  Smiley

• This is how I think of death. We become nutrients and so sort of live on in the dirt and leaves that rejuvenates the trees come spring etc That in turn feeds insects that feed the animals that feed on insects that feed the animals that feed on the animals that feed on insects etc LOL. 

This does have me wondering though if it's remotely the same if we're cremated? it's something I have been thinking about a lot lately. Partly because in an ideal world I'd not get cremated but then I think about all the meds I'm on and wonder if cremation is the safest option for the other animals. 

A good book on the subject of death is Bernd Heinrich's book 'life everlasting the animal way of death it's a great book, and even though it's a 'dark topic' you don't feel 'dark' in reading it because of how he writes. It's a very scientific approach to death, not really 'spiritual' so don't let the title 'life everlasting' put you off. 

• You are indeed eternal and infinite. There is no beginning and there is no end. ;-)

• Thank you all for your input , I appreciate your time in replying and helping me out with this 

• Yep! I'm a spiritualist, so absolutely getting it.  Be careful with mediums.  There are fraudsters out there to be sure, but a good one will never ask leading questions and will only want you to answer "Yes", "no" or "I don't understand".  The good ones also tend NOT to charge very much. You do right to be Skeptical at the outset of these experience. 

As for your anxiety about dying, all I can tell you is I have none because I KNOW that I have had my evidence of survival of the spirit and death is the beginning of something better - very detailed facts about family members repeated to me by many different mediums that I did not know until I researched them after the sittings.

But I would never expect anyone else to accept my word for it that it will all be OK, many wouldn't believe me anyway.  Each person must come to their own understanding through their own evidence.  My experience is no good to anyone else, really.

All I can say is that I believe EVERY word of your story and as for the "function without a brain" - because our brains merely house our consciousness whilst we're here, but they don't depend on them to exist??  If you have NETFLIX and are interested, they've done a really balanced investigative series called Afterlife covering Near Death Experiences, Mediumship and Reincarnation.