Afterlife

Hi , does anyone ever think about the afterlife ?.

Like is there one ? .

If there is what is it like ? .

I've been obsessivly thinking about it since an experience that I had at Bodmin goal .

My nan had died one year prior to my visit to the goal .

I went with a friend to the ghost event and I we were in a group of six , we did the glass thing where everybody puts a finger on the glass and the spirit uses the energy to move the glass .

I was very skeptical about the whole thing , the medium was saying that a lady was there that used to be a maid or something .

I had read somewhere that if you say the deceased name and then say come forward , that they will come through .

The medium said that you can ask a question in your mind and the spirit will hear you ,so I said my nans name ,come forward .

I kept repeating this and then the medium said oh wait there's another lady coming through , she's pushed the other lady out !.

And then she started asking are you an older lady etc and the glass was moving .

Anyway it turned out it was my nan , the medium had described her down to a T and was saying that she is laughing at me . 

She then said "she's showing me her legs , they're lovely legs she said but I don't know why she's showing me  " 

I didn't say anything but my nan had cellulitis in her legs.

I can't wrap my head around how she knows all this and I can't wrap my head around how a spirit can function without a brain .

I've over analysed it so much that It's made my anxiety bad because now I'm scared of dying because I don't know what to expect.

Can someone help me put this to bed please ?

Parents
  • Yep! I'm a spiritualist, so absolutely getting it.  Be careful with mediums.  There are fraudsters out there to be sure, but a good one will never ask leading questions and will only want you to answer "Yes", "no" or "I don't understand".  The good ones also tend NOT to charge very much. You do right to be Skeptical at the outset of these experience. 

As for your anxiety about dying, all I can tell you is I have none because I KNOW that I have had my evidence of survival of the spirit and death is the beginning of something better - very detailed facts about family members repeated to me by many different mediums that I did not know until I researched them after the sittings.

But I would never expect anyone else to accept my word for it that it will all be OK, many wouldn't believe me anyway.  Each person must come to their own understanding through their own evidence.  My experience is no good to anyone else, really.

All I can say is that I believe EVERY word of your story and as for the "function without a brain" - because our brains merely house our consciousness whilst we're here, but they don't depend on them to exist??  If you have NETFLIX and are interested, they've done a really balanced investigative series called Afterlife covering Near Death Experiences, Mediumship and Reincarnation.

• Yep! I'm a spiritualist, so absolutely getting it.  Be careful with mediums.  There are fraudsters out there to be sure, but a good one will never ask leading questions and will only want you to answer "Yes", "no" or "I don't understand".  The good ones also tend NOT to charge very much. You do right to be Skeptical at the outset of these experience. 

As for your anxiety about dying, all I can tell you is I have none because I KNOW that I have had my evidence of survival of the spirit and death is the beginning of something better - very detailed facts about family members repeated to me by many different mediums that I did not know until I researched them after the sittings.

But I would never expect anyone else to accept my word for it that it will all be OK, many wouldn't believe me anyway.  Each person must come to their own understanding through their own evidence.  My experience is no good to anyone else, really.

All I can say is that I believe EVERY word of your story and as for the "function without a brain" - because our brains merely house our consciousness whilst we're here, but they don't depend on them to exist??  If you have NETFLIX and are interested, they've done a really balanced investigative series called Afterlife covering Near Death Experiences, Mediumship and Reincarnation.

Children