INSURANCE BROKER NEEDED.

For a little over ten years now I have found the process of obtaining vehicle insurance more and more time consuming, to the extent that it has become a real obstacle.

My problem is the endless questions, and the fixed / non applicable answers than mean if I fill in a form yesterday my bike insurance is 72 quid but today it is 142.

Yes, that just happened to me today, and I'm not spending another 2 months trying to get sensibly and approprietely priced insurance to drive a bloody vehicle.

I used to have an insurance broker and he answered the questions for me. And I never had to make a "choice" again!

I want that, not this horrible game of 20 questions x 6 rounds.

I'll take P.M's from anyone who has a professional interest and does not represent Adrian Flux insurance services.

• Dealing with all those forms and the constantly changing prices can be exhausting. I know it. But having an insurance broker to handle everything for you sounds like a dream compared to the endless back-and-forth of questions and price fluctuations.
    I've been in a similar boat myself and recently came across Sundays Insurance. They seem to offer a more streamlined approach to insurance without all the headaches. If you're still searching for a solution, it might be worth giving them a look [link removed by moderator]. Hopefully, they can provide the assistance you need to navigate through the insurance maze without all the stress.

• I attempted to, but it morphed into 220 quid during the phone call.

That would be "why oh why..." And Adrian flux sold me reasonably priced van insurance last year then 2 months into the policy started asking extra previously unasked questions involving the van itself then changed their minds. The gave me three months free insurance, but it threw a spanner into a load of plans I had. I now take out DAILY insurance when I want to drive my van, drive a car as a named driver mainly but also wish to get my bike back into decent order, I started out just looking for the days insurance to cover the shakedown trip anc delivery to where the shock is to be refurbed, but now it's back to the grind of finding a sensible price for the year. I'll do it and it will be around 100 quid, but why oh why does there have to be so much dicking about on a "quest" first?

I'm giving them "free money" FFS!! 

• Why oh why did you not just take the 72 quid one?  It's not going to get much cheaper than that lol.

Adrian Flux were ok last time I used them, cheap and easy enough to deal with.  Admittedly this would be quite a while ago now.
  • There simply should not be that much spread for one persons quote.

To me that just illustrates how much they are providing unwanted financial dialysis to those members of the general public who will accept the first quote...

In order to be safe I need to be able to spend more on actually maintaining the machinery & my skills, and less on bits of paper.

• blimey well done u  Slight smile

• Insurance rebuilt bikes for me a couple of times when I was a kid, and coughed up once when I had a BMW750 nicked so I may have won once.

But the last time I laid up my Daimler for three years and tried to reinsure it, the first quotes were around 2250 quid and the final quote was 245...

But it took me three months to get it...

• Insurance has driven me to the poorhouse.

• u cant  win with insurance  --- i never have 

• I use Brentacre Insurance, but I have a chipped up tricked out VW van.

• MCN insurance  have u tried them   MCN = 'motorcycle news news' 

• The sticking point always comes down to NCB. I drive continuously practically every day, but if I take a couple of years of poverty just on my G/F's policy as a named driver suddenly my 30+ years of no accident or claim counts for jack schitt and I'm not having it. Unfortunately it always takes a couple of days on the phone having the same questions being asked but with differently worded answers being supplied to choose from, and I cannot afford to waste that much time as an added hidden cost.

It does not have to be like this, and it's about time someone took a total cost of UK claims and subtracted it form the combined income of all UK motor insurance and worked out who really is ripping off who.   

I just calculated the annual income by multiplying the likely number of UK drivers by £1000 which seems to be the average "first quote" these days and it's a preposterously large number that you then decide the UK accidents stats into... OF course the repair and compensation costs are inflated by the process by everyone on the "approved lists" that you deal with if you ever interact with the "claims process"...

BAH.  

• ah always stick to the origonal quote, and make it known you will leave if the quote isnt honoured. i believe this is them bartering, they put cheap quote on site to win you as customer, then they raise it more and more and more like haggling... always stick to origonal quote though and get reference for it if possible and make sure they know you will leave and go elsewhere if they try and up that quote or change it. they still want you as customer, their origonal quote will do, or they can lose custom.

• Bike insurance using the webform was 72 quid, today (same webform) 142 quid, and after a 20 minute phone call £220.
    I do not want to play this game anymore...
  • go compare, go compare, when in doubt check it out, go compare! lol

anyways price comparison sites usually pull up cheapest insurance deals. 
    and yeah i member my motorbike insurance was like 1k per year, bit too expensive, so i ditched my bike entirely, aint paying all that money per year, its like buying your bike each and every year, its daylight robbery.