I Think Taking Advantage of And Using Autistic People Should Be Considered a Hate Crime

I’m sorry but I do. In a way it’s discrimination because it’s using someone’s disability to your advantage and how is that any different than when Africans were being taken advantage of and used because of slavery because of their skin? Both are wrong and discriminatory. I mean think about it, it’s well known Autistic people because of our lack of understanding a lot of social cues and norms, who’ve been gaslight, and endured abuse to the point of being unable to trust our own instincts are very easy targets for narcissists and used and taken advantage of by people because they can use us missing social cues and norms as a manipulation tactic.

So yeah, I honestly think that using and taking advantage of Autistic people should be considered a hate crime. I think it would very much improve and help Autistic people.

Parents Reply Children
  • Which sucks because when you think about it using and taking advantage of someone autistic is in a way an attack on our disability because many times people who use and take advantage of us, especially narcissists, gaslight or use our disability as a way to coerce and manipulate us. That’s why I think this needs to be a topic of discussion and something that we should consider advocating for because we deserve just as much protection as any other minority group.

• I hear You.
    In the eyes of the Law, taking advantage of somebody is not a hate crime.
    A hate crime is defined as attacking a persons race or sexuality.

• Well, it sure came across that way but then of course all of us who are Autistic do that, hear something negative and react but at the same time, I did state that I didn’t say any of that in the post several times and I also said that I don’t know where you got that from because I said in the topic and the post itself that using and taking advantage of Autistics should be considered a hate crime.

• Well i am sure everybody reading this will make up their own minds.

• I dont bully, i simply hear s...t and react.

• I’ll Admit the “An” was a grammatical error on my part due to being tired and my brain going faster than my typing.

• The topic is literally: 

I Think Taking Advantage of And Using An Autistic People Should Be Considered a Hate Crime

-.-

• Well i suggest You post your topics CLEARLY in future.

• I HAVE ASD !  Am i taking advantage of my flipping self also ?

You’re being irrational and I’m done talking with you because you’re just trying to start drama and I’m not having it. Just cause you’re bored is NO EXCUSE TO PUT WORDS IN SOMEONE F*CKING MOUTH. Now stop bullying me and leave me alone and trying to argue with me. I’m not gonna keep going around in circles with you about putting words in my mouth which is EXACTLY what you have done. That’s a you problem, not a me problem and attacking me isn’t going to change any of that. Anyone can look and read the post and see that no where did I say Autistic people are taking advantage of other Autistic people, no where did I say that anyone on this forum is taking advantage of anyone or that no one in the ASD community is safe from others in the ASD community. So thank you for the bullying, the sensory overload because you are putting words in my mouth, something as a fellow ASD, you should know better than to do as we tend to take everything said literally meaning we don’t go around thinking that there’s more being said than is actually said…

• Ok. I,ll call it quits.
    You're right. i am wrong.
    Goodbye.

• What planet do you come from ?
    Seriously ?
    Are there any more on their way ?
    Please say no !

Dude, you need to take this bullying elsewhere. This is totally uncalled for and it’s very clear you’re the one trying to argue with people. You’re acting like me trying to make things better for autistic and trying to start a conversation about making it a hate crime for using and taking advantage of Autistic people is a bad thing and that’s just disgusting… sorry you’d rather see people suffer but you’re not gonna make me feel bad for it by treating me like sh*t. Bye!

• I HAVE ASD !  Am i taking advantage of my flipping self also ? !

• Dude, you’re literally putting words in my mouth, the title of the topic is 

I Think Taking Advantage of And Using An Autistic People Should Be Considered a Hate Crime

I’m sorry but I do. In a way it’s discrimination because it’s using someone’s disability to your advantage and how is that any different than when Africans were being taken advantage of and used because of slavery because of their skin? Both are wrong and discriminatory. I mean think about it, it’s well known Autistic people because of our lack of understanding a lot of social cues and norms, who’ve been gaslight, and endured abuse to the point of being unable to trust our own instincts are very easy targets for narcissists and used and taken advantage of by people because they can use us missing social cues and norms as a manipulation tactic.

So yeah, I honestly think that using and taking advantage of Autistic people should be considered a hate crime. I think it would very much improve and help Autistic people.

The “I’m sorry but I do.” has to do with a continuation of the topic. Talk about making assumptions… I don’t need this drama… and false accusations crap, get enough of it every day just for trying to be a good person, help people out, don’t need this cr*p from an Autistic group either. I’m off here…

• What planet do you come from ?
    Seriously ?
    Are there any more on their way ?
    Please say no !

• I suggest you look at your original post at the top of this page then tell EVERYBODY on here you never said it.
    The only reason i am still answering  you is because there is nothing on th t.v.

• that's after talking about Africans, skin colour and slavery.

That’s a different post and has nothing to do with this topic.

And you are saying that I’m here to argue, no I’m not. 

So who is taking  advantage of them here on NAS ?
    Who on here is a narcissist ?
    Yes, i DO google thanks, but usually when Somebody is talking sense.
    Are You implying that This ASD Community is not safe here on this VERY ASD community ?

This right here was you putting words in my mouth because where did I say anything about anyone on here taking advantage of people? Where did I say that no one is safe here? I just put something I was thinking about out there to be discussed and somehow it got turned into this even though I didn’t say any of that in this post. Pretty sure that’s the definition of putting words in someone’s mouth by saying things that a person didn’t say…

• Gee let me think......
     Listen Buddy, We all have our own problems on here, and You are preaching then say People are putting words into Your Mouth, and that's after talking about Africans, skin colour and slavery.
    Trust me, right now it,s not words i want to put in your mouth.
    Sounds like you want an argument.
    We don;t do that here.
    We have all been used and abused on here, you are not the only one. If you are here to be the hero and save the Day,good luck,you will have your work cut out.
    Good luck on your mission to save the Earth.

• Well that was uncalled for… don’t know why you’re acting like that for trying to start a conversation because you assumed something I didn’t say… ugh, maybe I shouldn’t have come back on here… really dislike it when people put words in my mouth and it’s happening yet again and diverting away from the topic…

• Where did I say any of that? Please don’t put words in my mouth. I really dislike it when people do that. It always leads to unnecessary conversations that move away from the actual topic being discussed and causes a lot of unnecessary drama. I don’t know where you got that from my post when I am trying to open a discussion about protecting Autistic people from being used and taken advantage of by making it a hate crime to do that to an Autistic person…

• Good for You.
    So what's Your point ?