I Think Taking Advantage of And Using Autistic People Should Be Considered a Hate Crime

I’m sorry but I do. In a way it’s discrimination because it’s using someone’s disability to your advantage and how is that any different than when Africans were being taken advantage of and used because of slavery because of their skin? Both are wrong and discriminatory. I mean think about it, it’s well known Autistic people because of our lack of understanding a lot of social cues and norms, who’ve been gaslight, and endured abuse to the point of being unable to trust our own instincts are very easy targets for narcissists and used and taken advantage of by people because they can use us missing social cues and norms as a manipulation tactic.

So yeah, I honestly think that using and taking advantage of Autistic people should be considered a hate crime. I think it would very much improve and help Autistic people.

Parents Reply Children
  • Well, it sure came across that way but then of course all of us who are Autistic do that, hear something negative and react but at the same time, I did state that I didn’t say any of that in the post several times and I also said that I don’t know where you got that from because I said in the topic and the post itself that using and taking advantage of Autistics should be considered a hate crime.

• I dont bully, i simply hear s...t and react.

• I HAVE ASD !  Am i taking advantage of my flipping self also ?

You’re being irrational and I’m done talking with you because you’re just trying to start drama and I’m not having it. Just cause you’re bored is NO EXCUSE TO PUT WORDS IN SOMEONE F*CKING MOUTH. Now stop bullying me and leave me alone and trying to argue with me. I’m not gonna keep going around in circles with you about putting words in my mouth which is EXACTLY what you have done. That’s a you problem, not a me problem and attacking me isn’t going to change any of that. Anyone can look and read the post and see that no where did I say Autistic people are taking advantage of other Autistic people, no where did I say that anyone on this forum is taking advantage of anyone or that no one in the ASD community is safe from others in the ASD community. So thank you for the bullying, the sensory overload because you are putting words in my mouth, something as a fellow ASD, you should know better than to do as we tend to take everything said literally meaning we don’t go around thinking that there’s more being said than is actually said…