I have an outcome

Usually people don't want this diagnosis, but I am so unbelievably happy and I just feel there is  now a name to my struggle of being so different. But my assessor also suggested I go for an ADHD assessment.

• Congratulations! How does it feel about your diagnoses?  Unfortunately mine was largely ignored by employers. There should be more awareness. Tried absolutely everything to give them feedback and don't want to know (bit like the post office scandal); 

Now I go to a community group to learn new skills etc. Open to disabled and non disabled people. Met some nice people there and feel welcome. 

• Congratulations! That's great news. I was happy to have my diagnosis too. I'd been treated for so many mental health conditions including bipolar, bpd etc it was nice to finally understand and make sense of things. 

• Hi PastelDawn, I really pleased you are happy with your outcome.  I'm still waiting for assessment but already at peace with what I believe the outcome will be.  It helps understand better like you say the daily struggle.  Wishing you all the best as you move forwards and discover more. 

• Congratulations! It always feels good to get to the truth

• yeah id generally not trust any pills the nhs gives anyway as i honestly dont think they know what they do or whether they work themselves.

i mean antidepressants can end up making you more depressed, and they can make you fat which then makes you long term negative outlook and feel worse for life... these pills they give they often are not very good

• Yes. Those who genuinely have struggled in life are genuinely greatful for their diagnosis.

I was diagnosed about a week ago. When I look back at my life so far, I was soo frustrated at the struggles I had when I was what I called an "Inbetween", as I never used to fit in the standard boxes. E.g. too ill to work but not ill enough to be ill. Life when times got hard was torture. 

Years and years and years of struggle to push through, until eventually I could not push through anymore and needed help....

I am here now, not knowing the next step. Like a door in front to open to meet unknown people not knowing what will happen next and nervous of pushing open the door!

• I wish you the best !!!! Relaxed

• Being 38 and finally having an answer feels so good,.

Absolutely! I can completely empathise with you.

Do whatever's right for you.

• Congratulations!!! Blush I'm glad you know, that must be such a comfort to you. I'm really happy for you. I'm waiting for my ASD assessment, hopefully later this year, but I've already got a diagnosis of ADHD and anxiety.

• I am going to ask for a referral but if it turns out I have ADHD I will not accept treatment because I already am prone to psychosis and the meds offered are mostly stimulants. Being 38 and finally having an answer feels so good,.

• Congratulations on your autistic discovery! I am so glad you are so happy about your discovery, you deserve to be. Identification should be a positive experience, after all you are Ausomely Autistic!

I know you probably have lots of information to process but when you are ready, you may like to explore your autistic experience further. If so, you may find the link below helpful:

https://aucademy.co.uk/starting-your-autistic-discovery-journey-a-guide/

How do you feel about exploring ADHD?