No Friends

Hello,

It is quite late but I cannot sleep at this time. I have always liked to be on my own most of the time but sometimes I feel a bit lonely. So, as of now, I have literally no friends (both online and in person) and I feel like I am upset by this. However, I have found it hard to interest other people and keep friends that I have made in the past as I am not good at communication and not talkative enough. This has been a life long issue for me. I never really had friends but wanted to have some.

I now feel lonely and would like to discuss things I am interested with, with other people and thought maybe those who have difficulties with communication will be more understanding. So, maybe I can meet people on here or maybe be informed about autistic groups in London area if there are any. I am quite nervous about speaking to people online hence not doing this before but it was suggested that I give it a go.

Thank you

Jai (Nickname)

• Hi Jai! 

I'll be your friend, my name's Lucy. I have started to struggle with communication the more I unmask. I also find it hard to make friends because I don't know what to talk about. Its helped me to redefine what I mean by 'friends' for other people it might mean speaking regularly and going to events and things but for me it means someone whose in my life who I like. And I don't need to speak to them a certain amount for it to count as friends, it counts if I say it does. Also this webpage is anonymous so no one knows who anyone is, does that make you feel less nervous? 

• Hello, Jai!

I can really relate to what you said about preferring to be alone yet also feeling lonely without friends. Its complicated to be able to keep friends thats for sure. There are some very lovely people here though and I hope you can feel welcome Slight smile