No Friends

Hello,

It is quite late but I cannot sleep at this time. I have always liked to be on my own most of the time but sometimes I feel a bit lonely. So, as of now, I have literally no friends (both online and in person) and I feel like I am upset by this. However, I have found it hard to interest other people and keep friends that I have made in the past as I am not good at communication and not talkative enough. This has been a life long issue for me. I never really had friends but wanted to have some.

I now feel lonely and would like to discuss things I am interested with, with other people and thought maybe those who have difficulties with communication will be more understanding. So, maybe I can meet people on here or maybe be informed about autistic groups in London area if there are any. I am quite nervous about speaking to people online hence not doing this before but it was suggested that I give it a go.

Thank you

Jai (Nickname)

Parents
  • Hi Jai! 

I'll be your friend, my name's Lucy. I have started to struggle with communication the more I unmask. I also find it hard to make friends because I don't know what to talk about. Its helped me to redefine what I mean by 'friends' for other people it might mean speaking regularly and going to events and things but for me it means someone whose in my life who I like. And I don't need to speak to them a certain amount for it to count as friends, it counts if I say it does. Also this webpage is anonymous so no one knows who anyone is, does that make you feel less nervous? 

• Hi Jai! 

I'll be your friend, my name's Lucy. I have started to struggle with communication the more I unmask. I also find it hard to make friends because I don't know what to talk about. Its helped me to redefine what I mean by 'friends' for other people it might mean speaking regularly and going to events and things but for me it means someone whose in my life who I like. And I don't need to speak to them a certain amount for it to count as friends, it counts if I say it does. Also this webpage is anonymous so no one knows who anyone is, does that make you feel less nervous? 

Children
  • Hello Lucy,

Thank you for your reply. I really relate and sympathies with you. I agree that defining what friends are to you to your friends would be important though difficult. I think that the fact that it is anonymous was what was making me anxious but now that I have got more involved in the community, I am not feeling very anxious anymore. Everyone seems very nice so far. Take care. Jai