How adult is the adult section allowed to be?

What are the rules around that?

Parents
  • Hi everyone, please can anyone give me advice on pursuing a romantic relationship. I’ve now reached the age where I really want one, I want to get married and have kids.. but I find that I fixate and get obsesses so quickly which tends to push people away and then I get too anxious about the situations. Does anyone have helpful tips and advice? 

• o Yes.

Read the book I recommend in my bio, I went from "incel" to "Interesting" in days simply through reading and understanding Transactional Analysis & it made me a better human being as well as helping me get my leg over. YMMV of course, but it's a good tool.

With the knowledge of how basic human relationshiips actually work, Marriage & kIds is then easier to accomplish, keeping it all together in this chaotic world, not so easy.  

I'm assuming you are seeking a hetero normative relationship, and in that context I have to warn you that actually understanding the opposite sex (particularly if you are a man) is a lifetime of work, study, and at time improvisation. even with the aid of T.A.and the rewards and pitfalls make it a bit of a roller coaster ride. 

• , One could argue that women can find it just as challenging to understand the opposite sex. Wink

Reply Children
  • I drove from Winchester to Birmingham once without thinking and I "came to" just as I was leaving the M40 for the M42 with no recollection of the journey, whatsoever.

• See this is the issue. I can tolerate pervy women, nope I even prefer them. But not boring women. lol

• , the female equivalent (according to me):

1. Boring: "The ceiling could do with a good lick of paint. Heck! Did I remember to lock the back door?"

2. Pervy: "Your brother's trousers were a tad on the tight side, weren't they? They didn't exactly leave much to the imagination! Will we be seeing him again anytime soon?" 

• I think Rodney is dead now. He was a big influence on Norm MacDonald who is also dead.

I liked Mock The Week at first but then grew to hate it.

• Former Member, Ed Byrne was a regular on 'Mock The Week', which was must-see TV for me before it was axed. 

I have seen him twice on stand-up tours and find his observations on life rather amusing and relatable.

Rodney Dangerfield is not a comedian I have heard of, but having just googled him, he looks familiar.

• Or we don't want to admit we were thinking about something:

1. 'silly': 'If I filled this room with balls it would make a great ball pit,' or
    2. 'pervy': 'Your sisters dress is showing more cleavage than yours, wish you'd take fashion tips from your sister.'
  • I can't decide if I've seen Ed Byrne or not. I think I was going to go and then didn't . But I have seen a full live show on tv.

Rodney Dangerfield : "Take my Wife. No, please, take her!"

I don't have a wife.

• I have heard it said that if a woman wants a man to do something, she has to plant the idea in his head and let him think it was his idea. However, the jury is out as to how true this is.

In addition, I have also heard it said that if a woman wants a man to agree to something that he is unlikely to agree to (i.e. something likely to cost him a lot of money), the best time to ask is when he is... um... in the throes of passion. Again, I have no idea how true this is.

According to the comedian Ed Byrne, if a woman asks a man what he is thinking, and he responds with, "Nothing!", he literally does mean that he isn't thinking about anything. Now, I know that Ed Byrne has ADHD, but not ASD as far as I know. Therefore, I question if it is possible for an ASD man to ever not be thinking about something. Grin

• I do think Men are easier to understand than women but then I'm a Man, so I probably just have a natural understanding of other Men.

• Women can find understanding men very challenging indeed, I've watched mine struggle so hard with the challenge..

Generally I've found that my sex seems to more commonly have deficits when it comes to "reading the room" correctly. 

I'll go as far as to say that young men generally have more difficulty understanding women, and young women have more difficulty controlling men but as we grow older those difference tend to get ironed out by learned experience.

As for arguing, not right now, thanks.

I have a person in my life who seems to have seriously bought into the Flat Earth mindworm which is a set of carefully constructed and clearly evidence based argument that we do in fact live on a disc with an ice wall around the edge and a firmament above through which no spacecraft can penetrate. I think I've finally got him to accept that there can actually be only one right answer, and that simple geometry and a study of published city to city distances (IF they underreported those, then aeroplanes would fall out of the sky all the time though incorrect fuel loadings so the published distances for airline flights HAVE to be true) will show which model is correct. But my god, it's taken me a while to figure that out. 

I tried pointing out that many of the early forms of radio communication only worked in the context of a globe earth and an ionosphere and that IF the earth was truly flat the'yd need a lot less TV towers, but no one has the foundation knowledge to really understand the explanation, so I had to have something that would work using just a globe a flat earth map, some calipers and knowing the distances between a few distant cities.

He still wont have it!