people

i just dont understand people.  why do they say one thing and do the opposite it makes no sense .  so if u text someone and say hi have you got time to text and they say yes no prob, then you send your message and they dont reply.  i cant cope with it why say its ok then not reply.  honesty makes complete sense that doesnt.  i wish et would come back to earth and pick me up

• Yes, it's exhausting trying to make conversation, especially with strangers. Worse, if you don't say much some people take that as compliance and just keep going! They say, oh, you don't mind if I tell you about this do you? And you're thinking, well yes actually, yes I do mind, but they're oblivious. 

• I stopped going into public spaces for many months because of this, I was tired of forcing myself to make conversation just to please others who deem my silence as awkward, when I just don't feel like talking most of the time. 

• i just dont understand people. 

Like most things in life, they are not so complex once you study the rules.

People in general follow social rules so understanding these will help predict behavior to a surprising degree. Reading something like:

Unwritten Rules of Social Relationships Decoding Social Mysteries Through the Unique Perspectives of Autism - Grandin, Temple, Barron, Sean (2017)
    ISBN 9781941765388

will go a long way to filling in the gaps if you are interested in filling that void in your knowledge.

Studying psychology will help understand more of the unusual cases, the primal drives beneath the surface and common issues people struggle with, but if you want just a general understanding of people then there is no need to delve into this,

Or you can remain without understanding and find it all very confusing - that too is a valid choce.

• And worse, people invading my space will then try to engage me in conversation- aarrgh! That's really bad! I don't want to talk! A woman sitting alone is not an invitation for company! 

• I don't understand them either.

Here's a thing I really don't get, why people like flocking together, they seem compelled to do it. 

I only mind if it impacts my life, I like space and solitude. 

Wherever I go, somebody always comes along and invades my space. I don't go out in public alone often as it's hard for many reasons, but this is one of the things that I hate. 

Public transport, rarely use, but if I do, someone always sits next to me, regardless of how much space there is. The vehicle can be empty and they still do it! 

Or if I need to stop for a drink in a Cafe, the same. It can be empty, yet the next person to come in will always sit at the table next to me. Why??? 

I hate it! It makes me very uncomfortable.

• I think it is called Vanity.
    THEY are important, so put Yourself first.
    Be Your own Best Friend, that way you will never be let down.

• I have also experienced something similar, where I'll text someone about something that's not related to them and they don't reply for days, or even weeks, but if I send a text asking them something that is about themselves they'll reply to that very fast. 

Have you noticed if what you talk about with them changes how fast they respond?

• You may find attention seekers do that all the time.
    They send out fishing hooks to see who bites,
    Those that do not often get ignored.
    Just my opinion Buddy.

• Expectations are resentments waiting to happen.

I just accept that the World is full of James Blunts! Smiley