Cleaning

Hi I'm having trouble keeping my house clean and tidy.. I am a mother of two with ADHD, Social anxiety, Dyslexia and suspected ASD ( getting assessed the end of the month) I know ADHD and ASD overlap but I'm have huge difficulties and I don't know what to do? My brain wont let me. I was wondering if there is anyone else with this issue and/or if anyone can suggest anything? Thanks 

• Wait until your house fills up or becomes otherwise uninhabitable, and then move...

• jesus christ your list makes it look like a massive time consuming thing lol

i clean passively, when waiting for microwave i spray and scrub the counters, my dishes i only wash like once every 3 days or so because im single so dont really rack up lots of dishes to justify washing them every day.

i hoover up only when i see stuff on the floor like crumbs and decide to hoover it all up.

dusting... dont do but i could do with dusting my glass tv stand.

washing... my washing machines broke so i send that to my parents lol

• id have thought that the hyperactivity of ADHD would have made it so you never stop and cleaning would be a tiny part of your every day hyperactivity.

ofcourse ADHD at a time was given toi every single child in school wrongly because as kids every kid is hyperactive as that is the standard state of every kid especially on sugar diets of today. 

• I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you are facing in keeping your house clean and tidy. It can be overwhelming, especially when you are dealing with multiple conditions such as ADHD, social anxiety, and dyslexia. However, there are ways to make it more manageable.

Here are some house cleaning tips that may help:

1. Create a cleaning schedule: Break down cleaning tasks into smaller manageable chunks and assign them to specific days or times. This way, you won't feel overwhelmed by trying to do everything at once.

2. Use visual reminders: Put up sticky notes or visual cues around the house to remind you of cleaning tasks that need to be done. You can also use an app or digital calendar to help you keep track of your cleaning schedule.

3. Enlist the help of family and friends: Don't be afraid to ask for help. Enlist the help of family members, friends, or even a professional cleaning service to share the workload.

4. Declutter regularly: Clutter can make cleaning feel like an even more daunting task. Regularly decluttering your home can help keep things organized and make cleaning easier.

Remember, it's okay to take breaks and ask for help when needed. You are not alone, and there are resources available to help you manage your conditions and maintain a clean and tidy home.

• I got to be a "stay at home" dad for a couple of years in the noughties with a preeteen mess machine.

I found this programme worked well to rebuild the living room in 45 minutes.

1. clear the coffee table.

2. Put everything on the coffeetable that does not belong in the living room, then put it where it should go.

3. IF coffeetable = not empty THEN GOTO 1.

4 move all furniture into centre of room.

5 vaccuum and dust peripeheyr of room about 1 meter deep.

6. Put furniture back, then vac and dust furniture,

7. Vac rest of room, clean and dust coffee table.

8. Make tea, Roll a fat one...

9 Do rest of house...

• I've always been very houseproud. Even though i'm here by myself so nobody iis goiing to see the dust or un-hovered  floors, i rarely have visitors. It's always been important to me for the house to look nice. But over the last few years i'm finding it harder and harder to do. I haven't the energy, i haven't the enthusiasm, i start things but soon lose the will to carry on, and find myself looking for something else to do.

I forget who it was, but i remember reading a quote from someone famous, he never cleaned his house, he said the dust only ever gets so thick, after that it makes no difference.

But that's not good advice for you, if you have a family there, the cleaning and organising needs to be done more importantly, than in my house where i'm alone.

• In fact, you may well be able to afford to call a deep cleaning crew for your home. If you have a good income or your husband makes a high income, this option really works for you. I have ADHD too, so I resort to this method from time to time. I don't have kids. If I had kids, I would clean my apartment more often because I'd be motivated. But I live alone, and my apartment often gets cluttered. Only when the tenancy comes to an end I can call the end of tenancy cleaning Richmond. I have a lot of unnecessary stuff piled up in my apartment, but it's still hard for me to take it to someone in need or give it to my relatives.

• If you can make a list of all the household chores like:

• Putting away belongings
    • Doing the laundry
    • Folding and putting away clean clothes
    • Vacuuming, sweeping, dusting
    • Setting the table
    • Clearing the table
    • Washing and putting away the dishes
    • Feeding, walking family pets; cleaning birdcages and litter, boxes whatever it is
    • Mopping floors
    • Scrubbing the sink, toilet, bathtub, shower stall
    • Preparing lunches for school
    •  cooking dinner 
    • Doing yardwork.   
    Then make a time table for them to be done, and a Callander for the day. 
    For example sunday 
    • Doing the laundry
    • Folding and putting away clean clothes
    • Vacuuming, sweeping, dusting
    Monday
    • Washing and putting away the dishes
    • Mopping floors
    • Scrubbing the sink, toilet, bathtub, shower stall
    • Preparing lunches for school
    Splitting things up and allocating time for them help by creating a routine.