Cleaning

Hi I'm having trouble keeping my house clean and tidy.. I am a mother of two with ADHD, Social anxiety, Dyslexia and suspected ASD ( getting assessed the end of the month) I know ADHD and ASD overlap but I'm have huge difficulties and I don't know what to do? My brain wont let me. I was wondering if there is anyone else with this issue and/or if anyone can suggest anything? Thanks 

Parents
  • I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you are facing in keeping your house clean and tidy. It can be overwhelming, especially when you are dealing with multiple conditions such as ADHD, social anxiety, and dyslexia. However, there are ways to make it more manageable.

Here are some house cleaning tips that may help:

1. Create a cleaning schedule: Break down cleaning tasks into smaller manageable chunks and assign them to specific days or times. This way, you won't feel overwhelmed by trying to do everything at once.

2. Use visual reminders: Put up sticky notes or visual cues around the house to remind you of cleaning tasks that need to be done. You can also use an app or digital calendar to help you keep track of your cleaning schedule.

3. Enlist the help of family and friends: Don't be afraid to ask for help. Enlist the help of family members, friends, or even a professional cleaning service to share the workload.

4. Declutter regularly: Clutter can make cleaning feel like an even more daunting task. Regularly decluttering your home can help keep things organized and make cleaning easier.

Remember, it's okay to take breaks and ask for help when needed. You are not alone, and there are resources available to help you manage your conditions and maintain a clean and tidy home.

• I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you are facing in keeping your house clean and tidy. It can be overwhelming, especially when you are dealing with multiple conditions such as ADHD, social anxiety, and dyslexia. However, there are ways to make it more manageable.

Here are some house cleaning tips that may help:

1. Create a cleaning schedule: Break down cleaning tasks into smaller manageable chunks and assign them to specific days or times. This way, you won't feel overwhelmed by trying to do everything at once.

2. Use visual reminders: Put up sticky notes or visual cues around the house to remind you of cleaning tasks that need to be done. You can also use an app or digital calendar to help you keep track of your cleaning schedule.

3. Enlist the help of family and friends: Don't be afraid to ask for help. Enlist the help of family members, friends, or even a professional cleaning service to share the workload.

4. Declutter regularly: Clutter can make cleaning feel like an even more daunting task. Regularly decluttering your home can help keep things organized and make cleaning easier.

Remember, it's okay to take breaks and ask for help when needed. You are not alone, and there are resources available to help you manage your conditions and maintain a clean and tidy home.

Children
No Data