This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CBD oil/Gummies - has anyone used it for autism related anxiety ?

I watched a video on you tube where the user claimed CBD oil help his anxiety.

Some parents in USA have given it to their kids again with claims of behavioural improvements.

Has anyone used CBD oil or better (something medically prescribed) to keep down anxiety ?

• [post removed by mod - thread locked to prevent further spam]

• Hi, folks. My son has an anxiety issue, so our doctor prescribed CBD gummies to treat it. You know, I’ve never been so happy. I’m happy that my son feels better. He says the gummies are tasty. Btw, we chose them among these brands [link removed by moderator] I hope it will help you. Anyway, I can clearly see the effect CBD gummies have on my child. But, I want to pay your attention to the fact that our doctor prescribed the gummies for us. So, your doctor’s consultation is primary. Keep it in mind. Best wishes.

• Since first responding on this thread, I've gradually become much more confident in using both CBD, THC and indeed full spectrum oils and bud.  These have enabled me to manage what I think is severe autistic anxiety and experience levels of relaxation that were previously only fleeting and took a lot of consideration of several factors, including my own automatic thoughts, the environment and my ability to use various techniques (incl. breathwork, creative visualisation, meditation, body scanning techniques, chi kung and various somatic approaches).

CBD on its own is really helpful but I find I need to take it consistently over time, rather than using it as a one-off remedy for when I feel wobbly, with my nervous responses rising and really incapacitating me.  I also found that the prescribed version was more helpful than the various OTC versions I tried - a higher, more reliable dose with the backup of an experienced practitioner and quarterly appointments to review things.

But using THC was actually a revelation for me and, as soon as I realised that (however I might feel about the diagnosis and the pathologising language) ASD was listed as a qualifying condition for the various private clinics in the UK, I got myself a prescription.  And this prescription is, after decades of trying various other pharmacological approaches, the one that has helped me the most.  Amazng stuff!     

• My friend has very strong anxiety and a feeling of restlessness.

• I had no idea that cbd had such advantages. Thanks for sharing.

• I use CBD oil (capsules) and they seem to help me with anxiety. I came off them once and had all those horrid insecure feelings I used to have so I quickly started taking them again!!

• Did anyone know that CBD is the most effective mean to treat nicotine addiction? Moreover, it also may be used as a treatment for marijuana as well as cocaine, heroin, meph, or any other hard drug addiction.

• in fact cbd and cannabis doesn't cause addiction in the comparison to alcohol or cigarettes

• As it is related in the https://weedrepublic.com/blogs/how-to/how-to-choose-a-safe-reliable-cbd-product-supplier: CBD gummies, tinctures, creams, salves, softgels, and even treats are used for a variety of necessities, for instance for your dogs are common products that some of the most reputable suppliers have to offer. Nevertheless, more currently, some of the CBD products seem to be used for healing autism, because of their effects over the human body,by enhancing good hormones which are likely to cover the autism effect and the parkinsons in some cases, however this should be checked with the doctor.

• i never tried but think i will

• Yes, my local one has been a godsend during lockdown.  Although there have been no meetups due to lockdown, I went to a couple of meetings in February last year and made contacts who have been extremely helpful to me.  Supermarket and online delivery companies have got nothing on them!  I absolutely love my candies and gummies.  :)

• thats good to know,,,,I mean about the cannabis clubs

• I think they're very helpful and I use them to help with anxiety and insomnia.  The quality is variable, though, and I had to shop around and try lots of brands before settling on the best for me. 

I also discovered, fairly late in life, that cannabis edibles help me a LOT.  If I'd had access to these in my teens and 20s, it would have helped enormously and saved me from more damaging self medication with alcohol.  My first thought on taking a very low dose candy (10mg THC) - this is doing what I always attempted to do with alcohol and various prescription drugs but never quite succeeded!  I also thought you have to smoke it and seek out dodgy dealers.  These days it's more easily accessible via local cannabis clubs, or, as oils or flower (flos, they call it) via one of the many legal cannabis clinics that are springing up.  They're still pricey but you can register with Project 21 or agree to share your experiences for research purposes to get a reduced price.      

• I use CBD products a lot, I like using the oil to help relax my body

• thanks i will have a wee read

• Guys it's in the process of clinical research and trial. . .

CBD was forced into legalisation in the uk due to patients with epilepsy and is provided by the NHS for patients with cancer, epilepsy. more research needs to be done and is being done. The FDA will eventually be forced to control it and hopefully then proper regulations will be in place. this is all quite new and i am excited to see where science will take us. here are some trials  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21307846?dopt=Abstract 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=cbd+autism

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=cbd+anxiety