This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CBD oil/Gummies - has anyone used it for autism related anxiety ?

I watched a video on you tube where the user claimed CBD oil help his anxiety.

Some parents in USA have given it to their kids again with claims of behavioural improvements.

Has anyone used CBD oil or better (something medically prescribed) to keep down anxiety ?

Parents
  • Since first responding on this thread, I've gradually become much more confident in using both CBD, THC and indeed full spectrum oils and bud.  These have enabled me to manage what I think is severe autistic anxiety and experience levels of relaxation that were previously only fleeting and took a lot of consideration of several factors, including my own automatic thoughts, the environment and my ability to use various techniques (incl. breathwork, creative visualisation, meditation, body scanning techniques, chi kung and various somatic approaches).

CBD on its own is really helpful but I find I need to take it consistently over time, rather than using it as a one-off remedy for when I feel wobbly, with my nervous responses rising and really incapacitating me.  I also found that the prescribed version was more helpful than the various OTC versions I tried - a higher, more reliable dose with the backup of an experienced practitioner and quarterly appointments to review things.

But using THC was actually a revelation for me and, as soon as I realised that (however I might feel about the diagnosis and the pathologising language) ASD was listed as a qualifying condition for the various private clinics in the UK, I got myself a prescription.  And this prescription is, after decades of trying various other pharmacological approaches, the one that has helped me the most.  Amazng stuff!     

• Since first responding on this thread, I've gradually become much more confident in using both CBD, THC and indeed full spectrum oils and bud.  These have enabled me to manage what I think is severe autistic anxiety and experience levels of relaxation that were previously only fleeting and took a lot of consideration of several factors, including my own automatic thoughts, the environment and my ability to use various techniques (incl. breathwork, creative visualisation, meditation, body scanning techniques, chi kung and various somatic approaches).

CBD on its own is really helpful but I find I need to take it consistently over time, rather than using it as a one-off remedy for when I feel wobbly, with my nervous responses rising and really incapacitating me.  I also found that the prescribed version was more helpful than the various OTC versions I tried - a higher, more reliable dose with the backup of an experienced practitioner and quarterly appointments to review things.

But using THC was actually a revelation for me and, as soon as I realised that (however I might feel about the diagnosis and the pathologising language) ASD was listed as a qualifying condition for the various private clinics in the UK, I got myself a prescription.  And this prescription is, after decades of trying various other pharmacological approaches, the one that has helped me the most.  Amazng stuff!     

Children
No Data