This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CBD oil/Gummies - has anyone used it for autism related anxiety ?

I watched a video on you tube where the user claimed CBD oil help his anxiety.

Some parents in USA have given it to their kids again with claims of behavioural improvements.

Has anyone used CBD oil or better (something medically prescribed) to keep down anxiety ?

• yes i feel that way as well. why isn't this researched/trialled ?

• I wonder what it would be like without the stress and anxiety levels that could power a small country, I would give it a try when proper manufacturing laws and guidelines have been made. 

• Each reputable brand comes with a lab report which states the percentages and quantities of CBD types and THC. I went to two companies initially, one was Re-Treat. i bought that in person and researched the hell out of them, i was so so skeptical and spent hours and hours researching and trying to get my head around the whole process. i started at 300mg. that is the "beginners dose". i then went to Holland and Barrett. they are the first Jacod Hooy CBD stockers in the uk i think? their products taste like ass. i hate it i will never use it again. i have emailed and spoken directly to two other companies who are good and highly rated. Blessed CBD and Love Hemp. I will be buying love hemp next. . . . they are well trusted and highly rated. 

honestly don't worry about waiting for your diagnosis to come through, if it helps it helps. *** living with anxiety. just make sure the THC levels are low with whatever brand you go with.

• yea its all a bit vague at the moment. NAS64353 's account just above is the first person i have found who actually uses it.

• thanks for your feedback. I want to wait until I settle down after my diagnosis for ASC. Then I will give it a try. Can i ask for the brand you use ? an online url would be great/ name of the high street shops you use.

I am finding it hard to find a reputable company ( on the high street or online ). 

• I have read that Cbd oil has a positive effect on people with autism and epilepsy but I think the dosage makes a difference because they are quite unreliable what it states on the label might not be what is in the bottles.

Has anyone seen the edible stuff that's meant to be good but the same thing again with dosages (it's suggested that you are to take a little and wait about 45 minutes then see how you feel) 

• Hey Aldie!

i started taking CBD Oil two months ago and it is one of the best things i ever did. so gutted i didn't know about it sooner. I struggled with Agoraphobia and panic attacks when i tried to go outside. with Psychotherapy it lessened and i started taking CBD Oil to help me with my anger and meltdowns. i was so focused on that that i did not realise that i had not once struggled to leave the house since taking it. .. it's so weird when you don't notice such a big change.

someone on here said that a certain strength of CBD is illegal? I'm not sure where that person learnt that but it is not true in the uk? i don't know. . . there are several reputable uk companies who sell cbd both in shops and online. as long as the formula does not exceed a legal percentage of THC (which has known negative effects) 

just like taking any other medication different brands have different effects. it is good to experiment with different dosage starting with the smallest and working through brands and dosage % until you find something that works for you. 

• maybe they should spray u as u walk past lol

• I noticed a CBD stall on a recent visit to my local shopping mall.  Ironically, given the situation, (lots of people around + sensory overload) I was much too anxious to stop and ask about it's effectiveness for treating anxiety lol.

• thanks

did it have a CDB dosage in milligrams  ?

• I recently tried CBD Paste.  It was expensive and it tastes horrible.  After trying it several times, I didn't notice any difference at all.  So for me, it's a complete waste of money.  

• thats the big question. so many people online swear by it but others claim this is just the placebo effect. This is why I started the thread to try and meet anyone with ASD who has used CBD for the anxiety related to autism. 

• Thank you for the clarification. I was aware of the THC constraint and hadn't realised CBD itself was separate.

Does CBD with no THC provide medically proven benefits?

• yea they are sold by shops on high street but they where very pricey 

• The THC compound is illegal, not the CBD compound. All commercially available CBD supplements must be treated so that their percentage of THC is below a certain very small percentage (off the top of my head I cannot think what that is). The CBD compound, however, is legal and currently for sale across a wide variety of outlets, including health food shops, etc.

• I'd suggest speaking with your GP regarding this.

CBD above a very low dosage is illegal in the UK, so comparing to other jurisdictions is immediately a challenge as they may have access to dosage levels you can't legally buy.

• let me know how it goes

• Try simply CBD. They have a Facebook page Simply CBD user support. Lots of information on there and success stories for asd/adhd. I read up a lot before purchasing. They have the gummies too which are easier for kids to take. I’ve only started trying them today (thought I’d be a guinea pig before I give them to my son!). Might be coincidental but today my back pain has improved, I’ve tidied all of downstairs as well as opening post that’s been piling up for months!